Saturday, March 25, 2006

Ahhhhh..........Saturday.

Saturday morning came and boy was it a good one! I workout everyday @ 5AM prior to clockin in, and absolutely love it! I can't (and wouldn't want to) imagine my day without it. My usual Saturday mornings consist of a little more sleep and hitting the gym @ 7, but yes.....this morning was different. I woke up early and decided it was just feeling to good, so slept in a little longer. Soooo unlike me..Up already!....I'm out of my routine!!....I'm wasting the day away!!! Got up about 8:30 . I know to some of you this is still an un-godly hour.....and yes, I vaguely remember the days when I felt the same way. They are long gone and a bitter sweet memory. These days are good, and franklly, just keep getting better.
I got dressed and decided this was the day to get myself out into the beautiful sunlight. Run outside? What a unusual concept. I also have a road bike which looks beautiful in my living room right next to the fireplace. Can't figure out how to set magazines or a cup of coffe on it yet & I need to change that (thanks guys for the inspiration!).This morning was the day for this 'green pea' to make her way back out into the world and go for a run. Got dressed, peeked out at the beautiful day and made my way into it. Felt great. Now, I am no speed freak, sometimes just grateful to put in a few miles and say I enjoyed it when I'm done. Today was that day! 7 miles and feeling awesome. Such small steps for such a big feeling of success! Passed a few young bucks on the run looking pretty fit. "Oh, what a feeling". Walked in the door and gazed dreamily at that beautiful red road bike in my living room. Maybe tomorrow..... this green pea will take it one day at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home