Monday, March 27, 2006

Monday..Monday......

Up and Adam! 4:45AM the alarm rings. My best friend (KRUPS programmable coffee pot) is brewing my own little cup of heaven while I pull on my tights and lace up the shoes. I make it to the gym a little late and Brenda, a personal trainer and friend, asks me where I've been. ?????!

My gym is a girlie gym. All women and I love it. Not for any other reason but the 'sisterhood' ( a fine looking buck would sure take my mind off the treadmill miles). It's the regular crowd this morning. I've got to get the IPod plugged in before everyone wants to chat about the weekend and the next thing you know it's time to hit the shower, and any hope of working out is a distant memory.

Perfect day with just the right amount of polite talk... an invitation to a concert, a GNO to celebrate Judy's 50th, the reminder from Brenda to pencil in a date for a day at the local hot springs. I hop on the treadmill and do intervals. I LOVE intervals. It's the only thing that keeps me sane. I run 5 miles and call it a day. I'm sweatin like a mad woman (I sweat A LOT). I get on the floor and do some mat Pilates and abs, then stretch. The gym is slowly clearing out. Ladies heading back home to relieve their husbands with the kids. Send husbands off to work. Take kids to school...the drill. Even though I've been there, it never ceases to amaze me. Hat's off to these gals! Me, I hit the shower and get ready to brave another day. I'm happy, healthy and alive. Tomorrow is my WW weigh in day. As long as the needle doesn't move upward, it's all good.

1 Comments:

At 12:52 AM, Blogger Severe Training said...

Hi Deb,

Thanks for your comments. I hope you have fun with your blog--I found that it's a good motivator for working out. :-)

-ST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home