Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Membership has it's rewards...

Wednesday is the weekday I sleep in. 5:15 is a sweet thing... I lead a women's small group bible study which meets @ 6:30 in the local coffee hole. Awesome, eclectic, unique women. The more different things are...the better. I LOVE diversity. The House of Blues had a poster that read "Embrace Diversity" but they stopped making them before I could get my hands on one...bummer.

Work was crazy. I'm on the road most of the day and lately I think there's a sign on my bumper saying "getter". I'm dodging these nuts all day, and when you throw a few sprinkles in, everyone loses it. YIKES!

After work, into the gym for 5 mile run on the treadmill. I'm usually beat by the end of the day so I work on speed intervals, hit 5 clicks and get out. Funny...different crowd in the eve's. Lots of weary faces with smudged mascara and a look that screams "I'm spent". I wish I could make & deliver dinner to each of their homes so they'd have one night off. Maybe they'll go home, steal their husbands and get a little crazy...(make em feel like they're alive!). I hope they’re not beyond it… REMEMBER TO GET CRAZY! Brenda (personal trainer-friend) offers to train with me in the Pilates studio...suddenly I'm not so tired! I love that sore ache in my abs when we get done. I feel so strong and centered. I always think I can do more…be better. Not a bad goal as long as you keep it balanced in the whole enchilada of life. I need to look for ways to mix up the morning workouts. Getting bored. Time to hit the zillion Running/Pilates/Yoga/Weight Training books in my library for a new plan. I am so bad at that. Get into the habit of the same thing over and over. My mantra of the day (and only today…want to leave my options open!): Keep focused on the right priorities. Do it right and have fun doing it. I'll always be working on it...and that's half the fun.

Live Passionately!

1 Comments:

At 5:50 AM, Blogger Migofast said...

I'd say starting with the 6:30 Bible study your priorities are in the right place!

I don't know how anyone can love the "sore ache" of a good ab work out I hate them soooooo much. I always get mad at the video/instructor. I just wish I had your drive to get up so early! Course Im somewhat in a sleep deprived state lately on average 6 is as good as it gets. Time change this weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home