Thursday, March 30, 2006

How do You Spell Relief?

Great workout this morning. Hopped on the treadmill about 5:15 and when the dust settled, the odo read 9 beautiful miles. Now, I know to some of you that may be chicken feed, but to me it's great. It means I keep going, I don't give up. Not how far but how often, I like to say. A little extreme? Not for me and I'll take it. I admire everyone that makes fitness a way of life. To be o.k. with the recovery days as much as the training days, is where most people get caught up. We all find our way and it falls into place. That's a beautiful thing! I'm thankful that I'm healthy, content for the most part, and in fairly good shape for a gal heading into the 'getting closer to 50' age bracket.

Been getting lucking lately with Brenda at the gym. Her client cancelled and she offered to stretch me. Kaaaa-Ching! She worked me for about 20 minutes and it was awesome! I'm pretty flexible, but you can really notice an improvement when you've stretched after a run and you're warmed up. Not only do I feel a difference in my recovery, I walk differently as well. I feel taller, more aligned and stable.

Tomorrow is weight training and I think I'll go a little easy since I plan to ride on Sat., then a run on Sunday. I want to push it a little harder on both of those days and work some different muscles. Hard, but not too hard. Make sense??

1 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger Migofast said...

How far on the ride and run? If your run is on a treadmill I don't know if you're doing intervals or just putting it on cruise and knocking out your 9 miles at 5-5.5 here is a workout I've used a few times (when God forbid Im on the dread-mill) that works great.

http://www.ultrafit.com/newsletter/january01.html

If its a long treadmill run (more than 30 minutes I'll do 20-30 minutes of my easy pace then do the intervals then back to my normal pace (just above easy) with long cool down at easy pace. At least it mixes it up a little for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home