Monday, April 24, 2006

The Power of Patience





= VACATION!




First day back to working out. Up at 4:50, grabbed my cup of joe and off to the gym. I love this time of day. Still dark (even with daylight savings time change) and everything's quiet. Peaceful. A time that I always feel 'good in my skin'. The moon was stunning. A crescent moon with a perfect star above it's upper left corner.

I found a new website: www.getfusionfit.com. I've used Fitday in the past but I like this one much better. Basic Fitday is free, so that's a plus. GetFusionFit was free for 30 days. I entered my info and was scored an elite athlete! ;) That just means I workout most everyday....by no means an elite athlete. O.K..... who paid them to tell me that? I get bored easily and place a lot of importance on mixing up my workouts, so this was great. Each day they send me an e-mail of my workout. I can print it out (instead of carrying my workout log through out the gym!) and go to town. It allowed me to customize the workouts as well. Very cool. Now if I can just harness the power of patience, I'll be set. I'm not quite sure if the restlessness with my workouts are a blessing or curse. But I'm there doin it everyday, now aren't I?

I hopped on the treadmill for 5 miles (easy pace) then completed the daily workout. It was much less than I usually do, so I'm wondering if I could be overdoing it just a tad...that effects progress and results. My goal is to get leaner.... and more patient in the process. ;)

Time off was wonderful, but nice to be back in the routine. Those familiar faces of women who mean business, who else would be at the gym by 5:15? Brenda was training someone, the gals on the staionary bikes laughing up a storm, the 2 friends working out in unison, and the new mom coming in for first time. Looks like it took everything she had to get there.

I think about this struggle between our goals and the power of patience.... to allow ourselves to reach them. Good?..... Bad?.....How about a little of both, for me anyways.

Hope your day was great!

;)

6 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

You didn't mention your neck, so I guess it's better? I think the restlessness is a blessing- varies your workout so you stay at it and don't get overuse injuries from the same thing over and over.

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Em said...

You are a trooper getting up and out at that time!!!!

I am not a morning person, I know i should get into my earliy morning cardio but ah its just to much to pull away from my lovely warm bed hehe

have a great day darl!!

Em:)

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

I swear I could just cut and paste your posts into mine! Patience...balance...thank you for the constant reminder that we're all in this together. Your positivity is contagious.

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

That perfect star by the moon is Venus! It's a beautiful site. Good for you on your tranining efforts!

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

Deb, thanks for stopping by. It is always great to come across individuals with similar passions and local too! Good for you for getting up so early. I'm an after work kind of guy myself.

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Una said...

Boy that's early! Kudos!! Wonderful post. Thanks for the reminder.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home