Thursday, April 13, 2006

Enough, Is As Good As A Feast

Had trouble getting to sleep, but once I was there, out like a light! Got to the gym and hopped on the treadmill. I have to admit it's getting harder to run on it, and would rather be outside where the time flys and I can soak in the day. I'm so tired after work, it's tough for me to think of lacing up and hitting the road, so for now, I'll stick to the early morning workouts. Got on and felt tight... not stiff, or sore... just tight. Warmed up and went to town. Ran intervals: 2 min @ 5.5 mph / 2 incline, then 1 min @ 7 mph/2 incline. 45 min got me past the 5 mile mark. About 1 mile into it, I felt that familiar warm and fuzzy thing I was looking for. Legs warmed up and felt strong. Isn't it great...the better we are to our bodies, the more they love us back. Warm up... stretch... core work. We work hard, then reap the rewards with minimal pain and remarkable recoveries. When you think about it... it really is remarkable. What we demand from our bodies and how unselfishly it gives back.

Work was busy. Lots of driving.....stressful... high maintenance people. I live in 'The O.C.'. Live in a beautiful city and blessed with a nice home, but as I drive , all I can think about is 'when will it ever be enough?'. I was never one to aim for aquiring more stuff, and frankly doesn't appeal to me. Someone once asked me 'what's the one thing we'll never have?'. The answer was, 'enough'. Can you get to a place of contentment.... where you do have enough? What a great place that would be!

In the healthiest way, I wish everyone 'enough'. In your faith, your relationships, your work. To live it, is to be blessed ten fold in return. Got enough????

;)

3 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Got enough?!? For a God fearing person it is a matter of contentment. And according to Easton Bible Dictionary: Contentment is a state of mind in which one's desires are confined to his lot whatever it may
be (1 Tim. 6:6; 2 Cor. 9:8). It is opposed to envy (James 3:16), avarice (Heb. 13:5), ambition Prov. 13:10), anxiety (Matt. 6:25, 34), and repining (1 Cor. 10:10). It arises from the inward disposition, and is the offspring of humility, and of an intelligent consideration of the rectitude and benignity of divine providence (Ps. 96:1, 2; 145), the greatness of the divine promises (2 Pet. 1:4), and our own unworthiness (Gen. 32:10); as well as from the view the gospel opens up to us of rest and peace hereafter (Rom. 5:2).

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Deb said...

Amen!

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger Una said...

I'm really glad you found me... I love your posts!

Got enough? Not yet. Physically, not treating my body well enough, need to get the weight off. We're heading into the danger zone the longer it stays on.

Lots of self-improvement on the menu. Some for work, some for me.

Need to do more volunteer work. By more I mean some. I used to do so much, but the past few years there appears to be no time. Not good.

Must ponder this post some more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home