Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Tough Day at The Office

Got to the gym @ 5:15 and ran 3 miles. Spent the rest of my time stretching... and stretching..and stretching (& a little core work ;) ). I love that warm, stretched out limber feeling. You know, the kind you can't get with 5 minutes worth. Aaaaaaaaah..........

Today would have been my 19th wedding aniversary. For some reason, this year it effected me differently. It was just a tough one. My older son Rob is turning 18 Friday and Chuck will be 16 next week. Having teens... sometimes it doesn't go by quick enough, and others you sit and wonder where the time flew. It's certainly not fun doing it alone. My page is turning... and I am ready for it.

Work was nuts. I had one of the strangest conversations with my manager. Just not professional... you know, when you sit there and wonder "how did this person get here?". Just plain stupid things. It stuck with me all day..the who said what about the other manager..... why are you telling me this???? Why do I allow it sink in?

Topped off the day with a birthday dinner for Judy, along with 3 other gals from the gym. Spent most of the time laughing instead of eating...probably better all the way around! ;)

Tomorrow is a new day. A fresh page....... I need it.

;)

2 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

No matter what type of day you're having, you still always seem to find the shine on the otherwise rusty surface.

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Una said...

Tough day for sure.

You are ready for the next page, and chapter, for that matter.

Nice to hear you have a great bunch who love you. Laughing is always the best.

Sorry to hear your Manager crossed the line. Why do they do that sometimes? I guess they're human, but sometimes it's just too much. Chin up :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home