Friday, March 31, 2006

Glass half full...

Hit the weights this morning...one of my best workouts in a while. Thanks to Sean's mention of P90-X, I read up on muscle confusion and applied a little 'confusion' to myself...Not sure exactly what the X program includes and won't bore anyone with my specific exercises, but here's how I mixed it up..

4 sets/15 reps every time. 1st set a warm up @ lower weight. Add on an extra 10 or 20 depending on what I'm doing, and 2 more sets. Final set back to warm up weight. Very little rest in between. I felt it. Now, I am not a slight little thing, nor am I stocky....I guess I'm 'solid'. My goal is to get lean..not built up (and yes, contrary to what the experts say...I believe us girls can get a little too bulky if we choose to...) Maybe it's not just what I'm doing but how I do it, that'll be the kick in the pants my body needs. I knew that... maybe I just needed to type it.

I planned on riding tomorrow, but the chance of rain might kill it. Sunday should be good for a run.

I love that we have the opportunity and privilege to get up everyday with a clean score card...just itchin to give it my best. My glass is half full...I am blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home