Monday, April 03, 2006

No running?........ Who Says So?!?!



I woke up this morning and not a sore muscle/bone in my body! I am so excited, because I take this as a sign of my overall fitness improving. Yeah, I did the usual post run rituals, iced...ate and drank the right things...but I was REALLY concerned with how sore I'd be today. Low and behold, clean as a whistle Homer!

Sean fired me up to open the door (not the car) and get outside. Everyone get's a lift in different ways and I can be stubborn, but when someone writes that they basically don't know how anyone could stand to run on the 'dreadmill'....I'm thinkin, "Yeah...how can anyone stand to run on the treadmill?" So that could be me in the picture. Sign says no running???? I blow right by...laughing in the face of danger!

I know the time change can be tough for some (roosters like me) but even better for the evening runners. Get all the daylight you can. I joined a running club today. 2 nights a week, flexible runs, show up when you want. And guess what.....they run outside to!

Yes..I was at the gym at 5:15 today. Stretched and did a lot of ab work (gotta love it!) A+ for today...all the way around.

5 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Blogger Em said...

Fnatastic isn't it when you notice your body ajusting :) it also means time to KICK IT UP A KNOTCH hehehe challenge your body all the time and shock it to lose a bit extra everytime (weight that is) and it also keeps thing new and exciting:)
Great work today your are doing sooo well!!
Em:)

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Greetings Green Pea! Thanks for your positive and encouraging comment on my blog. I don't know how long you have been running but based on your blog it is your form of salvation which is a beautiful thing. Keep up your great workout schedule and enjoy life and peace!

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Living to Feel Good said...

I can just feel the energy coming off your blog. That's great you joined a running group. I keep thinking maybe I should join the NIKE running group, but don't really want to drive up to LA. I'm a beginner runner, but I'm really trying to get in top shape so I can mostly run my 10K at Camp Pendleton and maybe walk up the hill parts. Ofcourse the more running I can get in the better. I'm working at it! Thanks for the inspiration!

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger Bella said...

Whenever I get DOMS - I think good but bad - good but bad - LOL! Its good when you feel great in the morning after exercise - your body is adjusting! x

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Hey Green Pea- fantastic site, love your positive life outlook! If you're ever up Portland way, bring your bike and we'll go riding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home