Sunday, April 02, 2006

I Chee Wha Wha!

Slept a little later with the time change, and woke up to a clear beautiful day. Strapped on the trusty Garmin, laced up and headed out. We have a lot of nice trails in Irvine and today I had plenty of company out there. Lot's of cyclist. Some intent and focused on whatever their training mission was, but most openly friendly, just enjoying the day. Just how I like it.

Decided I'd run a little longer than usual and when I hit the home-stretch with Casa De Deb's in view, I'd clocked 11.5 miles. Not only did the Garmin tell me, but my glutes did to. I Chee Wha Wha.......... walked in the door & blended up my favorite shake:
1 cup frozen mixed berries (get mine @ Costco)
water to cover
1 scoop protein
2 t flax seed oil
2 mini scoops powdered creatine/HMB
This always helps with my recoveries. I have 2 bags of frozen peas strapped to my legs...Ahhhhhhh..

I run in Nike Free's. I have 6 pairs and LOVE them. I understand they're a love or hate kindof shoe, and I may be in the minority here. I wear them for gym workouts to. It's strange...I have flat feet, and even though I'm starting to run longer distances, they are just my favorites. I'm sure I'll need more stability/cushion with increased running, but everytime I try on another pair of running shoes, they feel soooo constrictive..like bricks. Oh well, bigger problems I could have, huh?

Updating my IPod, pack my gym bag and re-group for another week.

Have a great one!

6 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Blogger Migofast said...

11.5?! "Marathon. Baby here I come!"

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Living to Feel Good said...

Great job! Did you go to Peters Canyon? If not, have you been? I love it there. Thanks for the shake idea!

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Migofast said...

AMEN!

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Living to Feel Good said...

I'm actually in Orange.

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Migofast said...

I completely overlooked something yesterday and thought about it the second my head hit the pillow even though I read it and registered it in my pea brain I STILL did not express my great joy for you that you were actually running OUTSIDE! I know after long bouts of treadmill running (particulary in winter for me) the first day in the great outdoors is always the best. Its like freedom! Your lungs are no longer inhaling gym sweat but FRESH AIR! Its spiritual and addicting and that's exciting!

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Krista said...

Thanks for the comment & suggestions on my blog. Unfortunately, I'm allergic to carrots, celery and apple among other fruits & veggies. But I will try to up my servings of the ones I can eat.

Good for you for running 11.5 miles! That's impressive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home