Thursday, April 06, 2006

Good to The Last Drop

This morning came early...very early. It's been a long time since the alarm sounded and it was genuinely tough to get going. My best friend was firing up the Pete's (my favorite brew). That little cup of heaven....my own personal fireplace..the 1st cup of joe. Got to the gym, plugged in the tunes and hopped on the treadmill. It was a little tough, running on the treadmill. I noticed the time dragged. Would this be a major problem?? No, I had a job to do. I've been thinking how I can change things, work out more efficiently. I'm likin the muscle confusion principle (I'm confused...!) and mixin up the running/interval work. I never post my 'stats' for fear someone out there is laughing up a storm...but here they are and I'm o.k. with them:

Intervals
1:30 min @ 5 mph, 2% incline
:30 sec @ 6.5 mph, 5% incline
45 minutes total, 4.25 miles

Now, I know it's not earth shattering, but as I like to say "It is what it is".
Stretched and did some ab work. Doing my best to keep this girlish figure in check and stay fit. Here's to everyone making it a good day....everyday, and having enough in them to wake up and do it again tomorrow!

2 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger Em said...

Hey!!!
Chin up your making a bloody good start!!!
I haven't started jogging yet i know i should cause it would mix things up for me but i am a choock and every time i get the itch to try the gym is packed and i lose my nerve silly i know!!
But you are doing sooo well!!!
Em:)

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Deb-
Just wondering- are you training for anything specific? By that I mean a marathon or triathlon, or road race running? The way you're working, you're probably ready for the short races already. I'm doing my first sprint triathlon of the year Saturday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home