Saturday, April 01, 2006

Turn the Page

This is my favorite picture of my boys and I. It's a couple of years old and this month they're turning 16 & 18. My husband passed away 2 weeks before 911, so they have lived some of their most formative years without their dad. Chuck & Rob. They're both great kids...times when they give me a run for my money, but isn't that what teenagers are supposed to do?

The other day a client was giving me a hard time that I'm always the 'sunshine girl'. I'll take that as a compliment...thank you very much.

Life has not been easy with lots of unexpected turns & challenges I never thought I could handle, let alone that they'd present themselves. I believe in choice. I am thankful for the opportunity to make a choice. To be healthy, to raise great kids, work & live with integrity. Have fun..get crazy. I am passionate about it. I understand the value of my life and relish what may seem the mundane and 'norm' for others. Since my husband passed, I've taken the boys to Hawaii, then Europe last summer. London & Paris...the perfect combo. A lot of good and not so good times. It's my job to love them, parent them and shower them with grace. Soon they'll be on their own. Finding their way, making choices and making mistakes. I love that I get to watch them grow into men. I'm turning the page. I hope I've done it all right....

This morning I woke up to rain...it was really coming down. I turned my cell on and listened to the message. "Deb, we're riding but it's not going to be pretty". I passed ( weak, huh?) rode on the trainer @ home then met the boys for coffee. They laughed and said they wished they had made the same decision. Hope for no rain tomorrow so I can run outside.

Have a great day...soak it up......live passionately!

9 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger KEP said...

hi deb,

thanks for reading my blog, and i'm glad you enjoyed it.

i enjoyed reading yours as well. ( ;

best, kep

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Yoga Chickie said...

Beautiful photo. It must have been hard to lose your husband and raise two young teens alone...sorry to hear that.

Lauren

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Em said...

I like the saying "what doesn't break us can only make us stronger!"
I am a true believer that we all have choices and it is ours and only ours to make:)
I think it's great that your a ray of sunshine:) no point frowning as it only hurts you! But when you smile it affects everyone:)
Have a great sunday darl nice to meet you and your lovely boys!
Em:)

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

That picture of you and your boys is beautiful!!

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Living to Feel Good said...

Thanks for stopping by and congrats on your 85 pound loss!! You look great now, and you sound like you know what your doing. The blogs do help with motivation though! Enjoy your run tomorrow. It should be nice out, and it's suppose to rain here in So Cal on Monday.
Have a good one! :)

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Migofast said...

What a cool picture.....classic! I don't know how touchy you are about your height but consider walking about 10 steps ahead of your boys this way they'll look shorter ;) Get them started in triathlon yet? Tall and thin those are the people I see blowing by me all the time :)

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Rebel said...

You sound like you have a lot of balance yourself; and you've done it on your own for the last few year.

I find myself wishing to freeze all of my moments in time with my children so each special day with them will last forever.

Alas, if that were so, they would never grow up and I would miss all of the great things to come. I just find it tough to know that the young special age my children are will only be the shortest time of our lives together.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

A photo to treasure! Looks like your weight training is showing results. I began a core strength exercise with dumbbells and the exercise ball this past winter and have notice my strength improved.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Una said...

What a beautiful photo. They do look like great young men.

So sorry that you lost your husband, their Dad. How heartbreaking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home