Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Keep It Movin....Nothing To See Here.

I'm on the spin bike @ 5:30AM this morning and the class gets going. I'm really liking this mix, into what was becoming mundane workouts. I'm gruntin and drippin wet when I can just feel someone watching me. I look out the gym windows to see two of my riding buddies straddling their bikes, a cup of Starbucks in hand & roaring. For crying out loud.... Can't a girl go to a spin class?? They're motioning for me to come outside... I feel like a girl in school and soon these friends of mine are going to get me busted! These guys thrive on giving me a hard time (I really don't mind it... but don't tell them!) I politely turn my attention back to the class and leave them (mentally) in the dust. Later I get e-mails from both of them.... "I'm sorry"...They think I'm ticked (I'll let them steep in that a while ;)...)thought that was pretty funny in itself! They're having a BBQ tonight..."please come". Sounded fun but I passed. Really long day and feel like crawling into my little shell. They understand...they'll fire up the coals again another day.
Great class. My goal here is to gain aerobic fitness and lean out in the process. Pretty simple process, right??? ARRRRRRGGGGGGG! The key here is consistency. consistency.... Sent back a note, said I'd ride with them Sat. morning. As much as I think I like to train alone, it sure is fun to hang with 'the boys' to.

Consistency....consistency..

;)

6 Comments:

At 12:47 AM, Blogger Em said...

Looks like your working hard!!!
Atleast you didn't get too distracted and fall off your bike then they would have been more then just laughing hehe :)
Keep up the great work hun, consistancy and preservance are definantly key to sucessful weightloss/leaning down goals!
Em:)

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Iron Pol said...

Thanks for stopping by the site and leaving the comment. Mrs. Pol deserves "star" treatment for more than future support. She let me buy my tri-bike on faith that I actually needed it (and would use it). She has been at nearly every race I've ever run, with at least one little one in tow.

I've been trying to motivate her to push herself harder in training (walking, aerobics, etc) and told her that I'd get her to Virginia Beach, VA for the Rock n' Roll half marathon if she trained for it (her parents live there). She is a superstar and I willingly accept those long nights when I'm the one watching the kids.

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger JeffM said...

So you made them beg you to ride with them. More fun to ride in a group most of the time. Spin-on!

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Kewl Nitrox said...

Let them laugh... Continue your spin class and kick their butt on your next ride spinning 100rpm up the hills. :)

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

GP,

Great job on being consistant. Just showing up is half the battle.

Stay tuned...

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Una said...

LOL! How funny! Good for you sticking to your plan though, and not buckling under the peer pressure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home