Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Breathe................

I'm such a creature of habit. Missed most of my daily work outs over the long weekend and that drives me nuts. I feel like fitness is slipping away.... Set the alarm for 4:45 and it was a tough one today. It doesn't take long to get used to waking up later! Got to the gym at 5 and wondered aimlessly through my workout. Not prepared at all. Maybe I'm obsessive, but I have to have a plan...have to know what I'm going to work and have it logged before I walk through those gym doors, or everything goes to pot. Not as productive as I'd like. Almost joined the spin class but stopped short. There's a new teacher in town and I'm not likin it. It's a 5:30 class and the other girls really like her, but she plays really hard rock. Man.... am I loosing it? It just seems so intrusive at 5:30, ya know??.....I thought I'd suggest changing the music up once in a while but I'm told that's her thing and she won't budge on it. Such big problems for a little girl, huh?? I know....deal.

I left for work thinking I'd get soo much done (and yes... I'm talking about my personal "to do" list!) but no go there. What is with the lack of production today? I was all fired up but I'm not feelin the love here. Those crazy people that employ me actually expect me to get some work done after 5 days off. The nerve! The closest to crossing anything off my list is when I stopped by the house for lunch and checked the web & my home library resourses for new workouts. SAVE AS A FAVORITE is where I left that....

Got home from work and Rob's out the door to work (server at Mimi's). Chuck's home so I make him dinner as he sits on the kitchen counter top and talks while I cook. These are my favorite times. When he starts telling me things before he forgets how un-cool it would be to share his 'all important info' with his mom. I think about my busy day....all the important things I didn't get done.... how un-important they really were (for today anyway) and just breathe.....

;)

5 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Good perspective! Aren't you supposed to ease back in after a break? I agree- that's too early for hard rock.

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Thanks.... I needed to know I wasn't the only one that felt that way! ;)

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Breathe in relaxation and breathe out stress. I focus on deep exhaling.

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Your entry should've been titled "Self Forgiveness" because you shouldn't beat yourself up! You're just getting back from vacation...It's ok not to tackle everything in one day!

FYI--A little Whitesnake never hurt anybody at 5:30am :-)

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

I know exactly what you mean about having a plan. I need to know what I am doing in the weight room, on the bike or on a run before I even start :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home