Monday, May 22, 2006

Bel far Niente......

Bel far niente....the beauty of doing nothing. What beautiful sounding words (literally!).

I love Itlay. I love everything about it. I've been only once and it was remarkable. I was 21, armed with a train pass, a backpack and 2 months time to meander where I wanted. I traveled with a girlfriend and had the time of my life. We still talk about it. I've always wanted to learn Italian and decided this year I'd put some real effort into it. My mom bought me the Idiots Guide (more appropriate than you think!) to Italian on C.D., so yes... I'm the woman on the freeway talking to herself. It's one more thing on my plate and I do have a habit of taking on more than I can handle, but I really want to stick with this.

Speaking of the beauty of doing nothing.....I haven't been doing a lot of anything lately and it's feelin o.k. At the spur of the moment, I went out of town last weekend & had the best time. I meant to run, but went out for sushi instead. I thought I'd hit the gym, but the company was much better. I needed it, and it felt great. I signed up for the San Jose Rock & Roll 1/2 Marathon October 8th as well as the Subaru Women's Triahtlon Series Supersprint Distance race on October 15. I know..they're back to back. The supersprint is soo short I should be o.k. First race in ages....it'll be fun. My goal is to run at least one race a month and get back into it.

Going away again this weekend. Took Thurs/Fri off as well so it'll be a nice long one. Back Tues fresh and ready to get back into the groove. I hope you all take the time to appreciate bel far niente. Feed your soul, re-charge your relationships, re-fresh your body!

;)

5 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

With your training routine the races should be no problem. A 5 day weekend, hope you have a great time!

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Our library has these little electronic devices called Playaway that are recordings of books on tape. They also have languages which I have been thinking of listening and learning a little French, Italian, and German. Nothing serious though. I am partial to hungarian because of being a first generation descent. I need to improve my hungarian to speak fluent to my parents. Have a great weekend. Peace in Him.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Migofast said...

So then how might one go about saying 'P90lottanothin' in Italian?

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Jeff: I'm hoping you're right!

Louie: Go get the tapes!I'm jealous you have family you can practive speaking with (and you're ntive tongue to boot!). Not very many Irish/ Gaelic speaking folks around...so Italian was my 2nd choice. ;)

Sean: That's pronounced 'P90WHOLElotanothin'.... I thought everybody knew that?! ;)

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Have fun on your weekend getaway! I'm of Italian descent and about the only thing I can say is "Shudda you face!" Ahh...I can hear Grandma now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home