Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Power of Focus


Woke up @ 4:30 to make sure I got to spin class early enough to grab a bike and adjust everything before 'the wild woman' started. Yes, the music was LOUD and a little rough starting out, but midway she stopped to thank me for coming and changed the music to some classic rock!? She's been asking me to join them for a while now, so I'm thinking one of the girls told her my 'thing' about the music. I went in telling myself to just suck it up...it's just a spin class for crying out loud! Worked out fine. Once I warmed up... I just focused, and didn't notice much of anything else. Focused on my breathing (HR monitor needs new battery so didn't wear it), pulling up on the peddles, relaxing my shoulders....all the stuff I need to focus on. It felt great. Dripping wet 20 minutes into it. I love that feeling of working really hard. Finished class and hopped on the treadmill for 2 miles. Did a few crunches and called it a day. Funny how I can be such a whine-baby about the little things. Once I focus... it all seems to melt away. Class was great and think I'll make it a Tues./Thurs. routine.

Let go of the small stuff..... focus on the investment...me.

;)

3 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

I like your life lessons. That's pretty cool that she changed the music for you!

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

Someone told me once to remember two things in life, #1. Don't sweat the small stuff. #2. It's all small stuff.

 
At 5:24 AM, Blogger IronGambit said...

I think it's funny how in life music can so simply change someone's mood! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home