Monday, June 05, 2006

Making It Happen!

I get to the gym this morning and hop on the treadmill for a quick 1 mile warm up before I lift. Right as I'm about to jump off, I hear screaming....and I mean screaming. Everyone was huddling around Lisa. Lisa is a gal who occasionally hops on the treadmill next to me to run a few. In the last year she's lost 40 pounds and discovered running. I don't see her often since she's usually not one of the 'rooster's', and comes in after she helps the kids and her husband to school & work. She had a running injury a few months back and attributes her new found strength and recovery to Pilates training (Amen Sister!!). I wasn't aware that yesterday she ran the Rock & Roll Marathon in San Diego and get this... she actually qualified for Boston!!!!!!!! I am amazed...not bad for her first marathon, huh?!?! This woman juggles caring for her family (and believe me... her family absolutely comes first), is involved at the kids school and volunteers at a local shelter. I know... there are plenty of women and men out there working and caring for their families with little free time, let alone time to train. The difference with her is she MADE time. Like Mike would say, "MAKE IT HAPPEN" and she certainly did. How inspirational is that?! I am gushing for her. It absolutely made my day.

Congrads to anyone who trained last weekend (and happened to race at the same time!). Congrads to everyone who is out there feeding your passions & making it happen!

6 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

How cool that she came into the gym and shared the good news with the girls!! I thought you were going to say she fell off the treadmill or something tragic! What great news...

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Deb said...

She almost did once...then I laughed so hard I almost did..NOT FUNNY (or smart!) ;)

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger IronGambit said...

well, it's only funny if you get it on video ;)

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger JeffM said...

Very cool qualifying for Boston on her first one. When you said screaming, I thought she'd gotten hurt after all that. How'd the spa trip go?

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

Most people have 1000 excuses why they can't do something and not 1 reason why they can.

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Jeff: Hot springs were just that...HOT! It reached over 100 on Sunday and the last 2 days have been June gloom. Good timing! Nice relaxing day and great compnay. Couldn't be better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home