Thursday, May 18, 2006

Up and Adam!

Funniest thing, but I was soo excited to get up today and run. Haven't been able to work out for a week now. Felt like a kid waking on her birthday....it was going to be a really good day.

Alarm sounded at 4:45 and I shot out of bed (this is where you think I'm a little over the top..). I laced up my brand new Nike Shox (blue and lime green thank you!) and off the gym. Was scheduled to run 3.5 miles. Set the treadmill on intervals, 3 min @ 5.5 mph and 1 min @ 6.5 mph, 2.5 incline. Not too fast...not too slow. Felt jusssst right. Legs felt great, nice and strong. First time in a while it felt completely effortless. Maybe that week off did me right! Peeked under the towel (yes... I cover the display, & woman rarely line up for the treadmills at my gym) and I'd ran 5. I've decided to stick to the training plan, it must be important right? Went a little over....what a rebel, huh? ;)

Had to get out of there early and get into Beverly Hills by 9. Traffic was HORRIBLE (1 1/2 hours to go about 38 miles!). Long day at work but everything seemed a little bit better. No, a lot better. I know I need this exercise thing in my life. It's my way of life and it's not to be negotiated. It feeds me spiritually, mentally and physically. Having missed a few days brings me to a place of gratitude......life is good.

;)

5 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Blogger I'm not here. said...

Brava!
*confetti*
Sounds like you had a good run.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

New shoes and rested, sounds like good reasons to shoot out of bed. Good workout and like you said- life is good.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Life is good! And we live it everyday to the fullest. A book I would recommend to read for motivation and insight to exercise and health is Younger Next Year. They have 2 books one for men and one for women. My wife read the one for women and my 22 year old daughter read the one I'm reading now for men. They enjoyed reading it. You can check out the web site. youngernextyear.com

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Welcome back to the land of motivation and confidence! Being incapacitated sucks!

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Deb.. Haven't been to Gravy rest., but I've heard of it, they actually have poetry and book readings there during the winter months. Another place to try!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home