Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I Scratched...

O.K., only one more day before I was supposed to workout (minor medical thing) but I couldn't help it...I've been itchin and today...I had to scratch.

Been waking up at 6AM. Very strange for me, since I usually wake @ 4:45 and am at the gym in 20. It's o.k., but I feel like somethings missing....no, actually I don't like it at all. This 'not working out thing', BIG part of my day not happening. Today is the day to stop the insanity! Busy day at work (I'm truly thankful) and got a call from my riding buddies (who I rarely ride with) to meet at the pool after work. See, I'm the token girl and I'm still not exactly sure why they want me around. Easy target for teasing is the best I can come up with. My friend Kevin's buddy Randy, is moving to Orange County from San Diego area. He was on the coaching staff @ San Diego State and now has some new coaching opportunity here. They'll be at the pool @ 5:30..can I make it? PPPPPLLLLEEEASSSSE! I coach at my disposal!!!

Jumped in the pool at 5:40 and swam 1 hour. O.K., 55 min but can someone throw me a bone?! Swimming is the most difficult thing. Feels great, but all the technical aspects kill me.. Form, distance jargin, breathing. I don't want to sound like a whine baby... I just wish I had that seamless style I see everyone else with. So effortless. Then I wonder.... between work and the boys and life, where would I fit this into my schedule on a regualr basis? I'm already driving myself nuts stressing about not getting it done. It all goes back to that balance thing that's eluded me all my adult life. Gosh, I have to work on that.

Went to WW on my lunch and whoooeeee! Thought for sure I gained 4-5 pounds from last weeks eating and drinking. I stepped on the scale...the clouds parted and the angels sang. I gained 1.5 pounds. THAT IS O.K.!!! I'm back on the nurtrition plan, back to workng out & back to balance...somewhat. ;)

4 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

An hour swim on a no-workout day, pretty amazing. Also, that's two swims in two weeks? Sounds like you're hooked. Back on the plan and in balance- way to go!

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Hope you're recouperating from your minor medical thing!! Congrats on the swim!

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Em said...

Have fun with your swimming i :)
Em:)

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Una said...

I would love to be able to swim for an hour :)

Congrats on a gread weigh-in. You'll be down next week, guaranteed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home