Monday, May 15, 2006

Divine Intervention

I look for inspiration everywhere. I am obsessed with finding it... and there's nothing like the rush of discovering it. Almost always in the most unexpected places. Your blogs inspire me...watching a patient parent inspires me...admiring someone's act of kindness inspires me. My kids inspire me. I dwell on my blessings and good fortune, they ground me. It's a divine intervention kind of thing....just when I need it. Today I needed it.

I can't workout for a couple more days and I am itchin to go for a run right now. Almost uncontrollable. It's a perfect So Cal evening. I live near a beautiful lake and the quiet time of a run is screaming, inviting me to "come out and play" (I don't think any of us 'play' enough anymore). Any other time I'd be beat...it's always easier when you can't, right? I tell myself to wait until Thursday.... it'll feel great.

"If someone says, 'Hey, I ran 100 miles this week. How far did you run?' ignore him! What the hell difference does it make?.... The magic is in the man, not the 100 miles." - Bill Bowerman

Yeah.... I say to that imaginary guy in my head.... What the hell difference does it make? Come Thursday....I'm back! (with new shoes to boot!)

;)

4 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, Blogger I'm not here. said...

New shoes are the best!

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

I know that itch, when your mind feels great and tries to override what your body says. Today was 92 and blue sky here, but a recovery day. Thursday's only a couple of days away. Good quote.

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Deb said...

Sounds like a perfect (and rare) day for you up there! I'm sure you're more than ready for that kind of weather. Felt sorry for myself so went to sleep extra early..feel great this morning. Have a wonderful day and I'll cross my fingers for another day of great weather in Portland! ;)

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger *jeanne* said...

I have NEVER run 100 miles in a week - and I won't really be surprised if I NEVER do! (but I have run seven marathons since October 2003. Surely that counts for something?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home