Thursday, June 08, 2006

Taking Inventory....

The alarm sounds @ 4:45 and I'm off and running again. Gym 'stuff' and work clothes loaded in the car the night before. As my friend (KRUPS) is brewing up a cup, I'm slipping on my shoes and out the door. This really is my favorite time of the day. All's quiet, peaceful...not a car on the road. 15 minutes later I'm at the gym and getting ready to get on the bike. Brenda (personal trainer) comes in and tells me to skip my workout and join her for a walk to Denny's for breakfast. I'm really looking forward to riding...hard. Works been pretty stressful lately and 'sweating it out' is my favorite way to maintain some level of sanity. But I agree and we go to eat & gab for an hour. As she jokingly tells me I didn't 'need' to workout today, I'm feelin robbed. Why didn't I just pass? Makes me think....I need to take inventory. It's just one workout, but frankly, sometimes I don't like the choices I make...especially when it's skipping a workout.

When I take inventory, training is right there on the top of the list. I am compelled to make each workout better than the last. It's such an obsessive nature of mine. Does anyone get that?? Obsessed, not possessed. I thrive on it. When I don't think and pass up the chance to get that workout in, I am robbing myself. Something is missing....something BIG. Our time is so precious. What things will wait and what things need to move or remain at the top of our lists? Taking inventory. Different priorities...different choices. Yep, I'll stick with the workouts.

;)

5 Comments:

At 5:40 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Maybe Brenda had something to share from her heart and you needed to be there for her. The Lord does sovereignly arrange people and things in our lives and we need to be open and attentive to what is going on around us.
"Redeeming the time", is a word that has been coming to me lately. It is to seize every favorable opportunity.
We are committed to good health and exercising so there is no problem with it eventually getting done.

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Ya know, as much as I agree with you on how difficult it is to miss workouts, I have to say that when we're on our death beds, I hope I'm not regretting that one spin class I missed! You did the right thing girlfriend--especially if you had the "Moons Over Mi-Hammy" plate at Dennys! :-)

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

Do what you have to do. There are alot worse things to be "obsessed" with :-)

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

I guess I'm obsessed. I feel like something missing from the day without a workout. Admire your early training, that way you have the whole day available.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Deb said...

You have all shed some valuable light here. My friend did need me, and I am blessed to have her. Workouts will always be available to me. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home