Saturday, June 10, 2006

What was I thinkin??!

I met 'my boys' at 6AM to head out for our ride. I'm terrible about knowing the route I'll ride (not smart) or the distance (really not smart). I just do my best to get out there. There were about 30 people on this ride (what am I thinkin?) and I'm very sure 99% of them ride A LOT. I'm scanning the group for that 1% that might keep me company, when I hear my buddies call. I don't want to hold anybody up so I tell them to do their thing and I'll do mine. They insist on hanging with me, and kid each other about needing some 'recovery' time. We ride about 13 miles, we say our goodbyes and I head back. 25 miles total today. Felt fine so I laced up and ran 3. The weather was cool and legs felt strong. Could have run longer, but forgot my Nano and was going nuts.

Got home and met 2 girlfriends for lunch and shopping. I have to apologize for my whining about a missed workout on my last post. I think that's the old 'caregiver' in me...when you take care of everyone else, you scramble & hold on to taking care of you. My workouts will be available to me, but the people I care about may not. Something to remember..... We had a great day. A little lunch, a few bargains, a lot of laughs.

Fun when I get it all in one day. I'm a lucky girl.

;)

3 Comments:

At 9:39 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

You know you're in shape when you do a brick and then go have fun! Everyone's entitled to whine once in a while, right.

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

G'Pea,

Congratulations on being disciplined and not getting caught up with a group and riding too long or too hard. Stick to your plan.

You ran without your tunes?? Say it ain't so. I'd have gone nuts too.

Stay tuned...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home