Thursday, October 26, 2006

Change it up.

What else would I do, right? I have training A.D.D.

This morning I got on the bike 15 minutes earlier to warm up and get a little 'extree' in before class started. 15 minutes into the class it started (I know...I'm a dork)...I'm Too Sexy for My Shirt. Man...it must be 'old age' but I have no patience. I decide enough & it's o.k. becausethe instructors always say, "it's YOUR class" ;). I quietly got off the bike (I was next to the door) with a good 40 minutes under my belt and went out to lift. "Not to bad" I'm thinkin... a little cardio, a little weights & core work.

A guy at the gym starts talking to me. He's in the spin class quite a bit as well. He tells me "I see you all over the place in here". I tell him I have training A.D.D. and he reminds me most trainers/training books will tell you to cross train and change things up. Well..well..well. I'm feelin o.k about this training routine of mine. It's not that I have no direction; I just like to be efficient. Get as much done as possible. The rest of the day belongs to work, my kids & just plain ol' life.

You all amaze me with your direction & dedication to your passions. I LOVE that about you! You inspire me to be MY best. I'm just one reason for you to keep posting. Thank you for sharing your personal journey's & your training experiences. It's like that big circle of life thing. We reap....we sow. Isn’t it beautiful?


;)

7 Comments:

At 12:05 AM, Blogger JeffM said...

Yes it is beautiful. And it is your workout, so why not do what you want?

 
At 2:25 AM, Blogger Kewl Nitrox said...

{Sniff} It is a beautiful BEAUTIFUL thing. The circle of blog life. :)

I think all Triathletes have some form of training ADD, otherwise we will be doing marathons. :)

 
At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm not sure i follow why you stopped... but my sugar is low and i feel woozy so maybe i'm just catching on. but i do like how you do YOUR thing that's great. and yes life is indeed beautiful. :o)

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Changing things up is a good thing. Keeps us from getting burnt out or bored.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Backofpack said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I love Pilates too. So, in reading your blog, I was trying to figure out if you are training for a tri or if you just like lots of variety? I hardly ever "change it up" - my week is Pilates and running. I admire those of you who do, but can't make myself miss a run, and since I teach the Pilates class, don't usually miss it either.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger christine said...

Hi. thanks for stopping by my blog. I too like to mix it up, keeps things interesting and prevents less wear and tear.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger christine said...

ooops I meant to say it promotes less wear and tear:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home