Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Calgon....take me away!

Haven't blogged since last Wed. since there was nothing exciting to report. I really have to sit down the the Garmin & figure the thing out. Had it for almost 2 years, but I'm the person that just keeps pushing buttons versus reading the instructions. What a concept! ;) Here's the training low down in my little world:

Wed: Spin 1 hour/ avg HR 146
Thurs: Club run/ 4 miles/ avg pace 11.4/ 46 min/avg HR 139
splits??? Need to read the damn book! :(
Fri: Spin 1 hour/avg HR 144
Sat: Club run/ 5.4 miles/ avg HR 150
Mon: Spin 1 hour/ avg HR 148
Tues: Lifted 60 min/ stretched and core 30 min

Boring...but at least I'm consistent!

Do you ever feel like you're just managing information? We move at such a fast pace that we rarely have (or make) the time to regain balance...get centered. Jobs get crazy, homes and family to care for. (Can I just say this single parent thing is for the birds! I don't know how all those young moms with little ones do it. Next time you're around a single mom or dad, open their door, let them know they're appreciated...tell them they look great. It may just be the thing that gets them through their day.) I'm always looking for what can seem like an elusive opportunity to get into my cocoon. Block out everything...focus so that the only sound I hear is my own heart, my breathing. Re-connect with the things that matter....to me. My faith, relationships and that great glass of red I've never tried ;). Slowing down, but not stopping. There it is (for me) every time I lace up or hop on that bike. What a lucky girl! ;)

Live passionately!

7 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Blogger Steven said...

And don't forget a good book to go with that good Red.

And no, a Garmin instruction manual doesn't count!

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Debstar said...

Great entry Deb. Bring up kids is hard, bring up teenagers is harder. And understanding any manual is downright impossible. I'm still trying to figure out the vcr and now we've got a dvd instead hmmmmmmm! Have a great week.

 
At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw deb, be sure to get IN that tub, but light some candles first and have that wine ready to reach for :)

if you have the garmin forerunner 305 i could probably put together a 1-2-3 list of what to do, in an email to you. it took me awhile to use mine as well, for the same reasons... even now i probably don't use it's full potential but the split thing is neat, so lets at least get you there.

great recent workout schedule, btw!

xo

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

That's a full schedule, I don't see a rest day. I can relate with the sigle parent thing. Good post.

 
At 1:59 AM, Blogger Kewl Nitrox said...

:) I don't read instruction manuals either, but had to make an exception to figure out how to reset my iPOD.

Hang in there! Sometimes we need to slow down just to keep up with life. Remember that your greatest champion and intercessor is God Himself! When life presses in, I find that withdrawing to worship really really helps.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger teacherwoman said...

Boy, I hear you on the managing information. Life is so fast pace that we just seem to get all caught up in it. It's kind of sad. Sometimes when I am sitting with my students, I find my self just thinking what life is going to be like when their my age... kind of crazy.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

On one hand I don't know how a single parent can raise children and have time or engery to do anything else but in your case it's your faith that is your strength. You are a blessed girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home