Friday, September 22, 2006

The darn job gets in the way...

Where did the week go?? Monday I lifted in the morning & ran 4 miles in the eve with the club. Some of these guys are pretty darn fast. I've turned down the previous invites to join everyone for a beer after the run, but Monday I took them up on it. I thought I'd pick their brains regarding their 'running story'. Everyone has one....I love to hear them. Lots of fun, and nice to start to become a familiar face in the club.

The remainder of the week was spent at our Western Region Sales Conf. All the Managers from the Western United States fly in for a little 'kumbiya', followed by far more information than any human should be forced to digest. These things end up consuming our days (and eve's). It really throws a wrench into any other plans you might have. Everday we move from one hotel conf room to another. Then the eve's are dinner and drinks. I live 5 minutes from the meeting site, but never got home at a decent enough hour to get a workout or run in. Good thing we're a close group and for the most part, everyone's glad to see each other and catch up.

Couldn't make the Thursday eve run, but Judy will be meeting me to run with the club tomorrow morning. Looking forward to getting back to my regular schedule. I am such a creature of habit. It's not that I'm inflexible....just really like to count on the 'flow'....my flow.

The horn blew early for me today, so I think I'll take advantage of it and see the movie Little Miss Sunshine. Tomorrow night wine tasting with the girls. Ahhhhhh....

Have a great weekend!

5 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Blogger Kek said...

Aargh! Work conferences - they can really interfere with your 'real' life.

I had a 2-dayer early in the week, and I was totally over it by lunchtime on the first day. I managed to wriggle out of the dinner though....

Work sure does get in the way!

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Sounds like a great job, you're always at conferences! Hope you have a good run in the morning.

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Neese said...

i kinda like conferences too they usually have great lunches... but it's always good to get back to reality and into routine for sure.

enjoy your run, movie and wine! :-)

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

Work's a real drag.....

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Lora said...

I'd just like to meet up with the person that came up with this "work" idea. I have a few words for him!!!

Have great fun with wining with the girls!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home