Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Love that long weekend.

I went to Portland to see my man....quick flight, long weekend, beautiful weather (almost) everyday. Took my 16 year old Chuck and Mike's mom Hatsu to check out 'P' town for the first time. Hit Hawthorne (Jeff, check out Screen Door...great comfort food!), NW 23rd, the Japanese and Rose Gardens. We ate Sushi 3 or 4 times. Need I say more?! Nice weekend but I've got to be honest (& selfish) and say I wished it was just Mike & I. When you do this long distance thing, it's tough to share your rare time together, even if it is with family.

Checked out the New Seasons Market. I LOVE THAT PLACE! Weird, I know...to get excited about a grocery store. This place has everything and if you love to cook, you can go wild. Hard to beat buying great food and cooking for the ones you love.

Got home last night. Took Mike's mom home. Picked up a few groceries. Packed my gym bag and collapsed. Woke up @ 5 with no problem. Off to the gym to weight train. When I'm gone, I get off track. I swear, I'm like a baby on a schedule. I have a routine, a groove and I know what works well for me....to bed around 10 and up at 5. It's a beautiful thing. I feel in sync. Now if I could only get Mike to realize the beauty of that program all would be right. Think of that morning run he could get in...and the lunch time swim, just by getting a jump on it in the morning! See it?...see what I'm talking about??

The clock is ticking towards the time I roll up with my latest book to relax while I read away...waiting to reach the point when I drop the book & close my eyes and drift off. Have a warm, safe, peaceful night!

;)

8 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger Steven said...

Mike get up at 5? I tell ya I don't see that happening. I'm just glad he makes it to my place for those 7:30 rides during the nice weather!

Next time you are up here Karen & I want to have you both over for dinner...but I didn't say anything this time because I knew you already had to share your time with him during this trip.

We'll catch you next time though! And we can talk about the great books we've read!

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger JeffM said...

Thanks for the restaurant tip. I have to admit, this is a great area, even when it's wet. Trader Joe's, New Seasons, Wild Oats. Then there's all the small ones also. When you move up here (?) you'll have to do some of the races.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

I say throw the routine out the window when you go out of town. It's like a mini vacation :-) The gym will be there when you return.

 
At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw i'm happy to hear you had a weekend with your man :-) there's only one way to make the time last longer and that's move your butt up there :)

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger Kewl Nitrox said...

You have a 16 year old? What? You started at 8 or something??

:)

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Debstar said...

I know what you mean about routines I feel out of control without one. Your break away with your man sounded great.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Oh My--I can't wait to visit Portland someday. I hear such amazing things about that place!!

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

I think we all empathize with you on the routine thing. It's both a blessing and a curse to be a type-A personality, isn't it?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home