Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Taking a step back...

Now that I've been getting to spin almost everyday and running 2-3 nights a week with the club, I have a quiet sense of calm. Just a short time ago, I felt anxious if I didn't get a daily workout in. In fact, downright robbed. Sometimes I feel like there's a 6'4" person trying to break out of this 4'10" body, and all that energy has got to be spent. There's living to do!

This morning I met with my woman's group, so no spinning. Everything needs be in balance, right? Had a loaded day meeting 3 clients with out private banker, and got all 3 accounts! Thought about checking the gym schedule to hit a spin class tonight, but remembered there's always tomorrow (when I'll spin in the A.M. then run at night). That brand new bottle of vino was sitting on the counter begging me to open her up, sit back and enjoy. Yes, I'd be happy to do that!

Everyday priorities change...things happen. I need to make a habit of this.....taking a step back to look at the big picture. A place where my obsession's turn into passions. It makes life much easier to manage.

;)

8 Comments:

At 12:01 AM, Blogger JeffM said...

Good "balance" post! You work out a lot, so a down day is good.

 
At 3:50 AM, Blogger Lora said...

An old friend, who I've lost touch with and was a great shoulder to cry on, would listen to me and then just say, "Breathe, Lora, breathe." I think of that a lot when life is hectic....close your eyes and just breathe! This crazy life just continues to spin even when we need a moment to jump off.

Cheers to you!!!

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Iron Pol said...

One of the nice things about having a consistent and rigorous training schedule is that down days are okay.

When I was training short sessions three times a week, missing sessions was a big deal. Now that I'm doing four hour sessions plus two much longer (weekend) sessions, I'm okay with missing a weekday workout.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger BigFoot Marty said...

Nice work, I will check this out. I like how you include all of your life and accomplish a lot. As a 40 something overgorwn ex football player runner I like seeing more broad spectrum runners andblogs with that kind of info. Also have 2 teens- yikes

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Neese said...

deb your posts themselves have a way of making ME feel balanced just by reading them! :) you are such an eloquent writer and have a wonderful way of expressing what you are going through.

p.s. i'm 6'2" what a sight we'd make running together! :-)

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Nice to take a step back and enjoy the big picture!

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Always short and right on the money. Huge victories like landing 3 new accounts warrant a little celebration! Way to go, my friend!!!

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

Sounds like you've got it all together Deb :-) 4'10"? You're like Mighty Mouse :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home