Sunday, September 24, 2006

What rock have I been under?!

Judy met me Sat morning to run with the club. Most everyone uses Sat for their long runs but we kept it to 5 miles. I wanted to run 8, but Judy's not up to more distance. Probably better for me anyway and the company makes it worthwhile. Afterwards we all got coffee and ate at The Corner Bakery.

Later I met the girls from work for wine tasting @ Morry's of Naples in Long Beach. Not sure what struck me, but I decided to have a beer first. Piraat came highly recommended and this brew is insanely good! Next we all shared flights, one of which included Banfi Brunello. I liked this one so much I'm not even sure what else was poured. A couple a months ago we all attended a charity silent auction for the Long Beach Women's Shelter where 3 of us bid on gift certificates to Morry's. Good company, laughs, and great beer/wine....all courtesy of those gift certificates!

Today there's a lot on my own 'honey-do' list. Boy..... one night you're a wine drinking queen then the next thing you know you schlepping down the hall with a load of whites! That'll keep you grounded, huh?! ;)

Live Passionately!

7 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Blogger Neese said...

i'm going to try to join a womens run group this wednesday if my work schedule allows, it sounds so neat.

i know what you mean about the laundry and to-do's....*sigh*

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

That's what makes us amazing. One minute we're savvy and sohpisticated and the next minute, we've got a mop in our hands. The joys and pains of being a goddess!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Sounds like a great time! I'm unsophisticated- "Next we all shared flights" what does that mean in relation to wine?

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Neese, a running group for girls sounds fun!
Carrie...goddess, I like the title so much I'll take what ever it has to give.
Jeff, a flight is when they pour 3-4 tastings of wine for you to taste and compare them.Nothing sophisticated really...sure is economical though!

 
At 3:06 AM, Blogger Kek said...

Goodness, Deb, you MUST qualify as a Goddess....kids, job, housework, training. Only a true Goddess could keep up with all that. I've been one (self-proclaimed) for years!

Of course, Goddesses need minions.... preferably ones who are good at fawning and adoration.

Remind me to lend you my Goddess Handbook sometime...

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

Some days I get a little bored and restless when I don't have anything "scheduled". I'm really trying to enjoy those times more because it always seem like the next day I have a "to do list" a mile long!!!

Sounds like the running is going good. Keep it up :-)

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Steven said...

Since no one seemed to notice or mention it, I will.

mmmmmmm......beer.......!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home