Sunday, October 29, 2006

Diggin Deep

Last Thurs. I had a little procedure done at the docs that required me to take a few days off. No worries... but isn't it wild how sometimes the only way we slow down is when we're forced to?

My running club had it's 3rd annual October Fest party last night. Judy was supposed to join me but bailed at the last minute. I decided to go anyway and had a great time. Lots of fast experienced runners and fun to find out what works for them. We all brought appetizers & a six pack of beer..sausages were on the BBQ. It was a beautiful 72 degree eve and perfect star filled sky. Nice to make some new friends to. Tomorrow I'm back to it.

I find myself having to dig deep lately. Feel like I'm going implode...you know, cave. My older son Rob has moved out. NOT GOOD. He's a senior in high school and 18. My rules are not his rules so we parted ways. No communication. Scares the hell out of me. Funny how many people begin to surface with either their own stories or stories of their kids. I just don't get it. Chuck...he's a gentle soul. Sweet, considerate and just trying to figure this whole 'growing up' thing out. I worry for both of them. That they are protected, or at least don't put themselves into any situations that will have a serious negative impact on their lives. I never imagined it would be like this. I find myself slipping into that familiar mode of survival...pray, run, spin, pray, workout like a mad woman. That is what's always kept me going. It's time to dig deep.

Live passionately!

10 Comments:

At 5:54 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Wow- aren't kids fun? Good title to the post- I'll keep you in my prayers.
btw- didn't you sign up for a half marathon on the 29th?

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Sorry- obviously if you were having a procedure- you couldn't do a half.

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Debstar said...

I know where you're coming from 2 of my kids have departed from my house. I hear they sometimes come back again & again, so I try to keep things friendly & communications open in the hope they will come home when they are ready.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

We can only pray, "Lord preserve our childrens souls and keep them from the lies of the enemy". Peace in Him.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Kek said...

Aargh! Kids. Why didn't someone warn us that being a parent is so heartbreaking sometimes?

Hope everything works out for you Deb. In my experience, when they move out, they usually discover that things weren't so bad at home after all...

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Steven said...

Sorry about the Son issue, Deb. That sounds like a tough one.

Stay strong.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Lora said...

As a fellow single Mom with a 22 y/0 and a 19 y/o--I feel your pain fully!!

Deep breathing, praying and staying stable and approachable is all we can do at this point.

I send you many vibes of strength!

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

Don't you remember being a teenager? Didn't you know everything? I did and me an my mom didn't see eye to eye for anything. Then I moved away and did my own thing for a few years and grew up. Now we have the best relationship ever. I think some time just needs to go by. Let him know you love him and support his choices. You'll be okay:)

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger Iron Pol said...

The most important thing is to ensure he understands that you love him and will be there when he needs you. Keep in mind the father of the prodigal son. He simply accepted his son back. They may have discussed the choices the son made, but it wasn't considered pertinent to the story. Important was that he welcomed him home with open arms.

My sister and dad spent years "not seeing eye to eye." Over time, that rift repaired itself, and they get along very well, now. Give it time. This, too, shall pass.

 
At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw deb, i'm so sorry, may you find the strength you need, i'm sending my good energy vibes your way also.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home