Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Finding solid ground

To exercise...what an awesome privilege. It's easy to see it that way when you've experienced first hand those who do not have it. When we're stressed, tired, need time alone, seeking balance or in need of a 'knee to knee, eye to eye' conversation with our maker, we are privileged to find solid ground in our health and training.

Monday AM: 1 hour spin/avg HR 139
Monday PM: 4 mile run/ 9.25 pace/ avg HR 140
1 dozen red roses delivered to work from my man & 1 BIG glass of Cab. I tell you, outside of actually being with him....it does not get better!

Tues AM: 1 hour weight training. Focusing on lighter weights and lots of reps.

Wednesday AM: My women's small group bible study.
These women are awesome. Salt of the earth, 'we're all here just figuring this life thing out' kind of gals. They renew my membership in the human race.

I am no stranger to challenge, but I am lucky. I never fall too hard...never had to look too far.
Solid ground, it's all around me.

;)

6 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Sounds like a "solid" week. Monday's run was a good pace and especially for a sort-of brick. Flowers and cab?- Pretty cool.
btw- nope, never seen the running elvis' that would be different.

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger Debstar said...

You have such a wonderful way of articulating just how I too feel about my life. We are indeed fortunate to have our health and friends.

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger Debstar said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Steven said...

A dozen Roses at the office in front of everyone! Awww...your man is such a good one!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Looks like every day this week so far is a beautiful day! How blessed you are!

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

sounds like it's all good!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home