Saturday, November 04, 2006

Too Much Information....

Here's the skinny....

Thursday AM: 1 hour spin/avg hr 146
PM: Run/4 miles/37 min./avg hr 139

Friday AM: 1 hour spin class/avg hr 142
30 min core work

Today: AM: Run/ 5.5 miles/56 min./ avg hr 143

I log everything (my A type personality shining through)...mostly manually in a training journal, on the back of my business cards, napkins...etc. Too much information and not at all organized. Would any of you share with me what on-line system you've found helpful in logging your runs. One that does the math on mileage, avg pace, etc. No wonder I have a tough time seeing progress!

Thanks and have a great weekend!

8 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

I use an excel spreadsheet with a formula to show pace that I have to convert from decimal to time. A friend of mine uses the fitness-journal website, but you have to pay. But it adds everything you do and plots it across the U.S. A virtual crossing America.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Thanks Jeff...I've been searching the net and think I found a good one. Free to!

 
At 2:33 AM, Blogger Kewl Nitrox said...

I'm lazy, I just use my Polar 625x. :) If I forget to bring it, I log MINIMAL data manually.

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Deb, I use beginnertriathlete at http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/default.asp. It does all you want and more. I also add things like jump roping, roller blading, walking, unicycling, and more. You can view my workouts by looking up my username tibibacsi. Let me know what you think. I can answer any questions you might have.

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Oh, and it is free.

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

I use nikerunning.com

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger Lora said...

I make my own. I know....very silly. But I love the writing process much more than typing (I'm a pen freak too) so I enjoy putting it all on paper.

I buy a blank notebook and make lines for the week. I fit as many as I can. I love seeing it altogether.
I'm nuts, I know!

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

Hi Deb,

Trainingpeaks.com has a free version of their training tracking service and even have a food log part. I use this exclusively as it produces lots of neato reports and graphs of my workouts:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home