Thursday, January 18, 2007

Here I go again...

If you don't know by now....I have training A.D.D. I actually think it's a very good thing. It shows I'm exercising the female side of me by changing my mind when I want (and often!), it keeps my body guessing and does not allow it to adapt to any one thing I do. I like to think it keeps me 'sharp'.

My current choice of pain is speed intervals on the bike and lots of core & stretching. Stuff I do quite a lot of, but with no real rhyme or reason. I've been following an interval program (for the bike) of 30 seconds at a full sprint, with 1 1/2 minutes recovery. I thought that might be a tad bit long for the recovery but I was wrong. Those 30 seconds at an all out effort are really tough. After 8 sets, I move on to core & stretching. This is what I enjoy the most. I follow the workouts in the book Core Performance. I think this is one of the best books out there on overall strength & conditioning. I find myself gravitating to it every few months to work the training back into my routine. Check out the Core Performance web site as well. Lots of helpful stuff!

Monday:
Spin- speed intervals (8 sets). Max HR 162, recovery HR 131.
continued with spin class for total 1 hour on bike
Week 1/ Core Performance Workout. Core/stretching- 45 min

Tuesday:
Spin- speed intervals (8 sets). 31 min total
Week 1/ Core Performance Workout. Core/stretching- 45 min

Wednesday:
Spin- speed intervals (8 sets). 20 min total
Week 1/ Core Performance Workout. Core/stretching- 45 min

Thursday:
Spin- speed intervals (8 sets). 32 min total
Week 1/ Core Performance Workout. Core/stretching- 45 min

So here I go again. Checking out just how much this body of mine can do. Amazed and grateful to be blessed with good health, and all the things in my life that allow me to continue doing this.

Here's to your good health! And to all the people who love and support you, allowing you to continue living your passions. Yes....we are lucky!

Live passionately!

10 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Four days in a row of speed work- thhat's impressive! You do work that core.

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Good to keep the body guessing.
Those are some great workouts you are doing. I also have done the workouts in Core Performance and was impressed with them.

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Flo said...

That's exactly what I have, training A.D.D. I have the hardest time sticking to a training program. For the last month I've stuck to my program and it's really starting to pay off. I think maybe it's time to add the Core Performance component back in though. Nice job on the intervals. That's something I could do instead of......

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Steven said...

Excellent week of workouts and core work Deb!

Keep it going...

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger Juliet said...

Yeah! Keep it going with the workouts! You are doing a great service to your body.

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Neese said...

way to work it sista! :o) You will be amused to know that lastnight i had a dream we were running together! My tall self and your sweet shorter self and we had a good run and a good time chatting, well i was listening as you were talking about life and passion.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

I love pushing myself and my HR to it's limits. I bet you feel great after those speed workouts! Just don't burn yourself out!!! We all need a long endurance ride every now and then (I'm talking about cycling, here ok??) :-)

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Bullet said...

Looks good! Keep it up.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Una said...

Good for you! Keep up the great work!

 
At 4:45 AM, Blogger Kewl Nitrox said...

Hmmmm... I seem to remember reading a similar on your blog on training A.D.D. ;) It must work well for you. Maybe I should try making my body guess a bit more myself...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home