Friday, January 05, 2007

Scratching the surface.....


Considering the New Year and all the possibilities is thrilling. I love that 'fresh start' feeling...that 'what can I do this year' feeling...and the 'I've only scratched the surface' feeling. We are capable of so much, and yet even the smallest accomplishments should be celebrated. When we don't, it just isn't fun anymore.

In this new year I will slow down. I won't obsess over what or how much I didn't accomplish. I'll simplify. I'll be more content with my outcomes and make changes when things don't seem to be working. A life of gratitude...yeah, that's it in nutshell. I love the New Year.


January 1, 2007!
spin: 49 min/ avg HR 136

Tuesday
spin: 1:03/142 avg HR
abs/stretching 30 min

Wednesday
spin: 53 min/143 avg HR

Thursday
spin: 60 min/HR monitor didn't record... :(

Friday
spin: 1:11/135 avg HR
abs/stretching 30 min

Next week I'll get back to lifting weights 2 days a week. Just felt the need to burn some energy (and tension) on the bike this week, and it felt great!


No matter what your resolutions or goals may be, make them fun....celebrate them and keep going. I'm sure you've only scratched the surface!


Live Passionately!

9 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Blogger Bullet said...

Wow, such a complete week. Go get 'em. Good job.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Talk about "keep going", that's a lot of spinning. Good week!

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Chubbypanda said...

Deb,

That's the best resolution I've ever heard/read. Great choice.

- Chubbypanda

 
At 3:24 AM, Blogger Lora said...

I'm struggling to get my two days of weights in also. Keep me inspired, ok?????

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger Una said...

What a huge workout week you've had! My goal for the day is to get the bike trainer set up. I NEED to get on it, but I think mostly because you've inspired me to.

I understand fully what you mean by the promise of a new year. I get the exact 'clean slate' feeling when September comes around and it's back to school (note, I haven't been in full time education for 15 years!).

May this year bring you everything you desire!

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Neese said...

i say you re-title your blog "spin girl" :) I love your outlook on the new year!

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Juliet said...

I really like your attitude. It's such a healthy way of looking at things!

 
At 3:50 AM, Blogger Kek said...

Great week, Deb!

You've been tagged - your mission, should you choose to accept it, can be found on my blog...

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

I couldn't agree more Deb, purging all the needless junk has felt really good. The house felt like it was closing in on me because of all the "stuff" we've accumulated.

Great workouts last week! Keep 'em going:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home