Friday, December 22, 2006

THAT'S what it's all about..


Mike's flight should land in about 2 hours. He took the train into Portland Airport and tells me a story about a woman he met there. She was older, and left her purse on the train. The airport wouldn't let her on her flight without I.D. She couldn't get money from her bank....no I.D. she wanted to take a bus back home but no money. Mike tried to buy her bus ticket but she was too embarrassed or proud or just felt awkward, and before he could buy it, she left.

My point is, he was 'living' Christmas. Don't you love that? He volunteers at the food bank, he sees someone in need and steps up. I have known my man for about 15 years (so he reminds me ;)..) and I love the person he's become. He's always been painfully compassionate, caring, in tune. The older we get the more comfortable we are in our skin.

I have not talked to my older son in quite some time. I think 'what could I have done better...differently'. And although my younger son is doing great, there is a hole in my heart. Time and faith are what I lean on. I am so thankful and blessed with a great partner. I want everything I do and say to reflect it. I need to 'live' Christmas more.

Blessings to all of you this holiday season and warmest wishes to fulfill all your goals in 2007!


'Living' Christmas...it's a beautiful thing!!

8 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story about Mike- hope you guys have a great Christmas!!

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger Lora said...

You two look so happy together! Good work!!

As for your son..an older, mormon friend told me years ago, when I was struggling with my teens..."it says in the bible that they will stray from the path, but they'll be back". Be patient..be stable..have faith.

Her words proved true.

 
At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Living Christmas...how wonderful! Great picture! Happy Holidays!

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Una said...

Merry Christmas Deb! How lovely your Mike is, you said it best, he is living Christmas. The goal is to spend part of the holidays catching up on my blogs!

The best to you in 2007

 
At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To have such a big loving heart is not only a blessing to us but to those around us. God bless!

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Debstar said...

What a shame that lady hadn't taken up the offer, they both(the lady & Mike) would have felt uplifted if she had.
Happy Holidays Deb.

 
At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great guy!

Will be praying that He mends the relationship and opens the doors between you and the older one. Keep on praying!

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger Juliet said...

Hey! Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. I'm in Michigan, and haven't had much time to check blogs.

Sounds like you really do have a great guy! YOu two look so happy together! ^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home