Sunday, December 10, 2006

Liquid Gold

Well, the 'little procedure' is over. A friend from work took me and waited at the oral surgeon, then got me home. What a sweetheart. Friday was a blur, painful and swollen. Today is another story. Most of the swelling gone and just a killer headache remains. I think it's mostly the appliance I'm wearing (covering the quarter size hole in the back of my mouth) that's giving me the blues. Soft diet and this appliance for 2 weeks....everything liquid is gold.

Mike calls to check on me, checking the possibilities of a fight (that would tell him I'm feeling better!) I'm not quite up to it but I'm building my reserves, so when the feelin hits me, watch out! ;)

This is giving me time to rest, finish my shopping (online), catch up on blogs, plan future workouts, read..read...read....be grateful. In the big (or small) picture, this was an inconvenience. I'm sure the biopsy will check out O.K., then I've got fightin to do! ;)

Live passionately!

13 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Blogger teacherwoman said...

Glad to hear the little procedure went well! take care of yourself and enjoy a little "down" time.

 
At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey sweetpea i'm sorry it's all liquids & appliance, and headache :| hope it only gets better.

 
At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Debstar said...

I'm pleased to hear you've bounced back so quickly. Doesn't sound like fun at all, hope you heal quickly.

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger Juliet said...

I can sort of relate, though not exactly. I had all four wisdom teeth removed this past June. I know what's it's like to feel miserable and miss real food. I will continue to send healing energy your way.

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Positive thoughts and vibes to you. Does red wine count as liquid gold??

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Glad the 'little procedure' went ok! I guess if you're going to have down time, this is the time of year for that.

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Kek said...

Glad you got through it OK Deb. :) Liquids aren't so bad - milkshakes, soup, ice cream, Scotch... oops, perhaps not.

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Iron Pol said...

Glad to hear all went well. As for the hardware and liquid diet, I can relate quite well to this one.

Had my jaw broken in college. After surgery to repair the break, it was wired shut for about 8 weeks. If it didn't go through a straw, I didn't eat it. There's nothing funnier (or more pathetic) than watching someone squish bits of french fry flat so it will fit between their teeth.

Take it easy for a while and let your body recover.

 
At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad that's over with for you:) Hmmmmm....a liquid diet...sounds promising, the only thing I've not tried yet in my quest for weighloss!

Online shopping is definitely the way to go these days. Happy Holidays Deb:)

 
At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the procedure and went well and that you are feeling good. Enjoy your time of rest. Peace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home