Monday, January 22, 2007

Sit down and put your feet up...

Today was one of those days...you know the kind of day I'm talking about. It was one of those "How can it be Monday already?" days. The alarm was set at the usual 'crack of dawn' time (and yes, I did go work out), but I just couldn't bring myself to don a suit and face the day. Yes... a day off will work out nicely.
I spent 4 hours working from home. I'm out in the field most of the time, so the little time I am in the office is precious. It's amazing how much I got done this morning without a dozen people talking around (and to) me. Ahhhhhhhhh..........

Friday:
spin - 8 speed intervals, total bike time 30 min
Core/stretching workout - 45 min

Saturday:
spin - 8 speed intervals, total bike time 45 min
Core/stretching - 45 min

Sunday:
rest day

Monday:
Spin - 7 speed intervals, total bike time 1 hour

I've been pretty beat lately. Not from working out (that is what actually saves me), but just from life. Ever get to this place? My older son has turned a corner. Still very little communication, but he now has a roommate and plans to go to the Jr. College next year. That is a huge relief for this heart of mine. Chuck is doing great. Mike is awesome but much too far away. Sometimes it's harder than others. He'll be down to run the Pacific Shoreline Marathon the first weekend in Feb. He's going for a P.R. & I'm excited for him. He's been training with Steven. I know he likes the company and I'm sure that with Steven...no Nancy-boys allowed!! He'll have a great race, but flying back to Portland on Sunday after the race is to soon for me.

I'm in need of a vacation...a change of scenery. The kind of vacation where you just kick around...plan some things, wing it the rest of the time. The kind with lot's of wine, cheese and relaxation. I need to re-think my 2007 resolutions. There needs to be a vacation in there!

11 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Blogger Neese said...

i know that feeling all too well -- why is it that we need paying jobs in life, it interferes with well needed vacation time. hang in there maybe do something nice for yourself tonight like a bubble bath and wine :)

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

You sounds like it's January! I had the snow give me an extra day off, but cabin fever is building.

 
At 2:52 AM, Blogger Juliet said...

I know the feeling of needing a day off. In fact, the other day, we all decided to just be lazy and play at home together. Give in and spoil yourself! Even if it's simply relaxing with old movies and a cup of tea, or going on a nice, long nature walk. Or both! That would be a day in heaven for me!

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Steven said...

Sounds like someone needs a vacation that involves sun, sand, warmtn, and some red wine?

And, I'm not talking about Penticton in August. ;)

Hope to see you up here in the great PNW soon!

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Sounds like the winter blahs. I'm selfishly relieved to see that even folks in So Cal can get the blues during these long months! Hang in there sister.

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Iron Pol said...

Funny, I just took a vacation and needed a few days back at work to recover.

Of course, going back to the office after a week out is horrifying. Only four voicemails, but hundreds and hundreds of e-mails.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

I like to take vacations that involve staying in my PJ's and watching plenty of Judge Judy :-)

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger Debstar said...

A holiday with plenty of wine & cheese. Yeah I know the right place. Is Australia too far to travel? lol

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Una said...

You sound like you need a break. It's really tough to have a long distance relationship. Steve and I did for 4 years.

I think a spa day is in order!

 
At 1:53 AM, Blogger Lora said...

How about a hot bath with bubbles, some candles and a glass of wine? Sometimes we just gotta make due until the feelings pass.

 
At 5:16 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Glad to hear your son is making some good decisions. We want the best for our kids and when they make positive decisions/changes in life is like you said, "a huge relief".
Wish Mike a great race.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home