Saturday, February 10, 2007

Do your homework!


This week has been pretty uneventful. A little lonely since Mike left, work is busy, and the world keeps spinning. I did take Friday off to handle some errands, most importantly taking Chuck to DMV for his drivers permit test. He failed...I was angry. Not so much that he didn't pass, but why he didn't pass. You've got to study! He kept telling me how all of his friends said it was 'common sense' (so much for his) and he assured me he studied his handbook every night. I offered to help him several times but he was sure he had it down. After looking at the test it was pretty obvious he didn't. I made an appointment to go back in one week and this time I'll be quizzing him several times before we go. After that, we spent some 'quality time' together finishing up the errands. Next time will be the charm.

My workouts have been going great. I'm really focused on my New Years Resolution to relax a little more. If I miss a day, no worries. The next time I work even harder. I've been doing my homework and mixing up my weight training. Every time is a little different...just enough to feel it, and still provide my A type personality with the 'repetitive fix' I need.

Monday:
Spin - 1:04, 147 Avg HR, 56 min in Zone 2

Tuesday:
Weights - 45 min upper body
Core & stretching - 45 min

Wednesday:
Spin - 1:00, 143 Ave HR, 50 min in Zone 2

Thursday:
Weights - 1 hour lower body
Core and stretching - 30 min

Friday: Spin - 1:10, 140 Avg HR, 55 min zone 2

Saturday:
Spin - 20 min
Weights - 1 hour upper body
Core and stretching - 40 min

Time to cozy up with a little vino and a new book My Life in France by Julia Child (a Christmas present from Mike). Enjoy the rest of your weekends (there's no homework!) ;)

Live passionately!

12 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Blogger Faithful Soles said...

My daughter failed her learner's test the first time as well for the same reasons, and I told her to study (although she has LD, so I give her some benefit of the doubt for that). The second time she took it very seriously. I just sat in the DMV and prayed while she took it, and the look of relief on her face was fantastic when she passed.

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger teacherwoman said...

Looks like a successful week, Deb! With my leg situations, I plan to do Spin not just 1 time this week, but hopefully 3 times. I won't be running. I may test the water a bit on wednesday, but other than that I am going to play it cool and keep the big picture in mind!

Sorry to hear about your son's drivers test. I remember taking that..hmm..10 years ago and thought it was quite difficult. I am sure he will do just fine next week after you have drilled him all week!

Have a good week!

 
At 4:05 AM, Blogger Debstar said...

When my daughter failed her lerners test the first time she cried all the way home. I actually think its a good lesson that the whole driving thing should be taken very seriously.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

With my kids, it was my son who failed the first time. My daughter learned from him and studied before she took it.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Steven said...

Mike gave a new book to read? He's such a good boy, isn't he?!

Although I couldn't entice him to come run at Hagg Lake with me early Saturday morning!

Have a great time reading the book, Deb.

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger Iron Pol said...

It's amazing how we all need to bone up on "common sense," every now and again.

How many of us go from one lane to another when making a turn, despite it being illegal to change lanes in an intersection? Or get a speeding ticket simply because we're paying more attention to music than our speedometer? Or fail to comprehend right of way at a four-way stop.

Though painful, it is better to fail and truly learn the material than to go on without the knowledge. All part of growing up.

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Juliet said...

See, I did fine on the written test. It's behind the wheel that I have problems. This is why I still don't drive at age 30. Sad, huh? Well, I hope he gets it on the next time. You seem to be a dedicated mom, so I'm sure that will help. ^_^

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger Kewl Nitrox said...

Oh dear your experience with Chuck scares me. I am just beginning the "Do Your Homework!" routine with R1 and he is only 6. Please don't tell me I have to do this for 12 years! :P

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

In Texas, they don't have to take a "driving" test anymore. If you pass the written test, here's your license......scary!!!

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

Repetitive fix! I love it:)

I think I failed my learner's permit the first time too. You seem to know everything in the world at that age, don't you? What a wonderful life he has to look forward to:)

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger The Stretch Doc said...

Vino? Why didn't I think of this today! That's what I'm talkn bout!

Have a great weekend too!!

rockon`

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Una said...

Kids... ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home