Wednesday, January 31, 2007

INXS

Took a quick trip to Las Vegas Monday and Tuesday for work. It was the West Coast launch for the new Tundra. If you've read my previous posts, you'll know I'm not big on Vegas, but it was only overnight and we stayed at the The Four Seasons, so that was some compensation. The 4th picture is exactly the same as my room, with the same view of the strip. The meeting was over and I high tailed it to my room, took a long bath and got into bed with a book. Ahhhhhh.....heaven.

The next day we went the Las Vegas Speedway and test drove the truck. It is huge. The most impressive thing is the towing capacity and braking. Comes in handy when you're struggling to see over the dash. ;)

The hotel had subtle signs everywhere, which read "This town won't provide serenity, come here to find it". It got me thinking about serenity, the amount of excess and how much we live 'INXS'. THAT is the one constant in Vegas....excess. Driving home tonight I pass a large mall by my home...complete with an mini outdoor ice skating rink and rides. For crying out loud...this is a mall!?! We have gone overboard on everything. For so many, to live in excess means to live the good life. I'll take a good book and company of the ones I love, or an opportunity to celebrate my health with a good workout, thank you.


Monday:
Spin: Speed intervals (8 reps hard), total bike time 1:13
Core/Stretching

Tuesday: NA (hotel gym opened at 6am...1st meeting 7:30) decided to skip it.

Wednesday:
Spin 20 min. Just not feeling it so took a break.


I think of the excess in my life often. Yes.... I have much in my life. How much of it is too much? Do I REALLY need everything I have? I long to live simply...that is where I find the most joy!

Live Passionately!

8 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

I think you have more balance than excess.
Reading your other blog made me gain 5 pounds just reading it.

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Neese said...

i love simple when things start to get "cluttered" and excessive it turns me upside down.. simple elegance is good.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Seriously...speaking of excess...Do we really need 400 choices of ziploc bags, or pickles, or kleenex, or ketchup? We are cluttered with too much in our lives! There's nothing like a warm bath and a good book (and a little excess of wine). We all have to make SOME exceptions!

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Kek said...

Hear, hear! I think the KISS principle needs to be applied to our lives a lot more.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

Vegas smegas. I'm glad we agree on that:) The Four Seasons must have, indeed, been compensation for the rest of what Vegas lacks in class!

Just wanted to check in since I have a few seconds to spare.

Happy Training:)

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Juliet said...

It's true! There is so much noise and busy-ness in this world of ours. Some people spend so much time trying to squeeze all that they can out of life, that it just passes them by completely.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Tri-Dummy said...

I can't believe no one has hit you up yet!!!...

can you please get me one of those trucks w/your infinite Toyota company pull? Please, pretty please. PRETTY PRETTY PLEEEEEEESE.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Veeg said...

I just read an article about Voluntary Simplicity, and really loved the principles. What "stuff" don't I need -- possesion-wise, social-wise, emotion-wise, mental-wise?

How can I enrich others' lives with what I have? How can I enrich MY life by letting go?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home