Thursday, February 22, 2007

Om..........

I love this picture. She's not broken, but resting in her thoughts...connecting to what she knows will bring her balance. Of course I'm relating this to myself, and I am out of balance. I've been exhausted for some time....I mean really exhausted. Can't put my finger on it. I found a Naturopathy Dr. and saw her last Monday. She spent 1 1/2 hours talking to me about where I'm at in life: diet, exercise, work, relationships, home. I strongly believe the approach of treating the whole body...finding and treating the source of imbalances, not treating the symptoms. She suspects I have adrenal fatigue, but will do some testing and treat me from there. I see her again tomorrow when she'll schedule tests and make her recommendations. The one thing she told me to stop was coffee! This is day 3 and it's been painful. Other than that little news, this was such a positive experience and I'm hoping I can turn things around with diet and supplements. I firmly believe in the body's ability to heal naturally and I'm eager to hear what she says and move forward.

I need a vacation. I just need to decide on something and make it happen. I'm thinking warm weather, a pool and lots of R&R. Ever feel like that?? Yep....I need to do this... make some 'deposits' to this well-being of mine, versus what has seemed like an endless string of 'withdrawals'.

I've been working out as usual, but this morning as I lift the first weight ...*$&#, my back!?! I'm ticked. A friend gave me some Advil and now I'm sitting here blogging, heating pad on my back waiting for my Chiropractor to call me back. I must have just lifted wrong. It's pretty painful so I'm thinking I'll drive to her office and wait for her to show up.

The beautiful thing about maintaining balance is you have all the tools to make it happen and you are in control. It is completely available all the time. As long as we remember to feed our personal passions in a healthy way, and make more 'deposits' than 'withdrawals', it's all good!


Live passionately!

8 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger Kek said...

Yowch! Hope the back is straightened out fast! I know how that sucks.

I agree with you on the need for some R & R - it's something we forget about all too often. Take care!

P.S. No coffee? Aargh!

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Faithful Soles said...

Stop coffee? I think you got the "stop" backwards and it should be "pots of coffee". As for your back, I'll gladly trade it for my shin. Can we swap? I'll pray for your recovery. As for Paris, a good friend of mine just ran the most recent marathon there and the medal was absolutely breathtaking.

After reading your post, I want you to do something for yourself. Download 2 songs, both by Amanda Marshall (if you know who she is I will be exceedingly happy because I think I may be her only fan in the U.S.). The songs are "Believe in You" and "Everybody's Got a Story" (the latter arguably being my favorite song of all time). Here's what you have to do... LISTEN, I mean REALLY LISTEN, to the words and the underlying meaning (you will more than likel cry the first time you listen to "Believe in You", I did). These are 2 songs that every time I hear them, they are relevant to whatever is going on in your life and the way you see others, regardless if you are going through good times or bad.

Thus ends Robert's musical psycho-analysis of the day. Stay awesome Deb!

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Steven said...

No coffee? I couldn't do it.

And a warm place for vacation? I guess we won't be seeing you up this way anytime soon, then!

Take it a day at a time and keep doing what you're doing, Deb. You are doing things right.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Back pain can be horrible- every move you make hurts.
Somewhere warm and dry sounds good right now!!

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Juliet said...

Every time I read your blog, I feel like I am reading something written by a twin soul. It amazes me how very similar our outlooks on life, health and inner peace and balance are. I have preferred natural healing for much of my life.

You should take some time off to relax and recharge. God is sending you a very strong message, I think. Take some time to nourish and revitalize the body that She has given you.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger The Stretch Doc said...

First off, how can you relax without Coffee!! interesting doc asked u stop completely, why so?

And ur back, ouch! As a chiro, I know how u all feel when I see at the office waiting for me.. Hope its better.. Watch the heat the first 24-48 hours, stick with ice!
The heat can/will increase the inflammation within the first 48 hours.

rockon`

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger teacherwoman said...

Wonderful post! Everyone needs "me" time and a vacation can definitely help with that!

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Deb said...

Robert, I have Amanda Marshall's 'Everybody's got a story' on my IPod...that IS a great song and I love her stuff! Almost 1 week without coffee...arggggggg..............

 

Post a Comment

<< Home