Friday, February 16, 2007

Working like a dog....

This is how I feel lately. All week I've been hammered. Get up, work out. Come home, pass out. Before anyone says "take time off from working out", let me make it clear...that is the thing that saves me! Monday we had a photo shoot at work for some print adds and marketing material. Yes.... I had to smile for the camera. Tues. and Wed were blurs. Yesterday I was in L.A. and wasn't able to leave until 3. BIG mistake. It took me a record time of 3 hours 40 min to get home (about 52 miles). Today was hellish and I am ready for a long weekend. Tomorrow I'll workout, meet my women's small group for breakfast & get the taxes done. Pretty exciting, huh?

Monday:
Spin 1 hour/ 147 avg HR
stretch 20 min

Tues:
Weights- upper body
stretch & core

Wed:
Spin 40 min

Thurs:
Spin 58 min/ avg HR 142
weights-lower body
stretch & core

Fri:
Spin 59 min/avg HR 147
stretch & core

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Live passionately!

11 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Blogger Flo said...

Oh yeah, the workouts defintely help when life is crazy.

3 hours!!!!! I soooo do not miss California traffic. I used to live in No. Cal. Traffic was not quite as bad as LA but it was still bad. I do not envy you that :)

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Una said...

Oh I hope you can catch up on your rest this weekend!

Ohhhmmmmmm....

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Juliet said...

Exercise doe shelp with stress.
I hope things calm down for you soon. *hugs*

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Even with all the craziness you managed to spin 4 times during the week- impressive!

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger teacherwoman said...

I don't think I could tell you to take time off from your workouts...becuase I have a hard time doing that myself. I agree, it is the time to unwind!

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Neese said...

that photo is the SWEETEST, it reminds me of our beagle...SO cute! :)Good to see you got in those workouts despite the busy schedule! You can find that balance girl!

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Faithful Soles said...

You are awesome for keeping up with all that you do. I can relate to the exercising making you feel even more energetic when you are tired. Some of my best runs have been when I feel beat. Thanks for the comments about my race. Your insight into life always brightens my day.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Kewl Nitrox said...

Sigh, I know what you mean - sometimes it REALLY feels like it's a dog's life. It's times like this when I wonder if I should have listened to the age old China man's calling to start a small business.

Praise God that we have beautiful things like prayer, worship and training as part of our routine!

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Iron Pol said...

Sounds like a fairly standard day. You just outgrown the "fight a fussy baby to bed" part. Then again, "deal with angst ridden teen" is its own challenge.

And that schedule sounds so much more inspiring than: Wake up later, grind out a day at work, hit the bars, get home half smashed, pass out, crawl to bed, repeat.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Hang in there Deb! I think it's amazing that we get ourselves so busy and yet, when our plates aren't as full, we don't know what to do with the time!! Sometimes it's better to be busy because we become more efficient~~

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Debstar said...

Hope this week has been less frantic. Look at all those Spin classes!!!
I'm jealous. I would go everyday too if my gym would just hold a few more in the mornings. For some reason they have 5.30pm and 6pm classes which just don't suit me at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home