Saturday, February 24, 2007

Sinking into it....

Well, apparently I've pinched my sciatic nerve, causing the muscles in my lower back to fire up and and put my pelvic/hip area all out of wack. Lovely.... This has been one of the most painful things I've ever experienced. I found myself doing Lamaze breathing just trying to get out of bed! Last night I had a one hour massage and an 'attempt' to adjust it, but it'll just take time. Today I look much less like an 'S' when I'm standing and feeling better. I think of my late husband, and how we take for granted the pain free existence we enjoy.

I also visited my Natureopathy Dr. and got the skinny there. She recommended some supplements and ordered blood and saliva tests. I'll have a better idea of the big picture when that comes back. She gave me a comprehensive eating plan that will 'rest my pancreas'. Pretty interesting and I'm reading as much as possible about it. Funny how we sometimes think this is all new or 'out there' stuff, but many cultures, (especially Asian) have been all over it for thousands of years.

Still haven't landed on the vacation plan but feel much better now that I've decided to get one in now. I've got some traveling coming up which is always fun, but not really considered 'vacation'. Maybe I'll look into a 'yoga vacation'... ;)

Hobbling off to lunch with some friends then home to relax.

Live passionately!

15 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Blogger Faithful Soles said...

My pelvic/hip area used to be out of wack many years ago, but back then it was called "disco". Be sure to rest that (sound advice from a guy that just did a marathon with a swollen shin). I'm glad you enjoyed the song, all of her music in my opinion is amazing, most people would never go deep enough to really get the lyrics. Some other great female artists who are not what I would call mainstream that I listen to all the time are Lucy Kaplansky, Mindy Smith, Alice Peacock, Jennifer Paige, and Jennifer Marks. The main thing that surprises most people (drum roll) is that my favorite artist of all time is Melissa Etheridge. Talk about passionate and deep lyrics, wow. Her song "I Run for Life" is very moving for me since I lost my mother to breast cancer back in 2000. Enjoy your time out with your friends today.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Faithful Soles said...

Forgot to mention and tell you thanks for the comment about becoming a member or sponsoring a youth on my site. I really appreciate it.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Sounds painful!! The sciatic- that's a hard to heal one.
Hope the tests come back ok or minor.

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger teacherwoman said...

Take care of that back, hun! I will be thinking about you.

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I hope you feel better soon! I read your earlier posting about quitting coffee; fortunately, that does get easier. I quit drinking coffee about five years ago, and now I can drink a cup of decaf and get the same buzz the real stuff used to give me!

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Deb said...

Hey Robert, thanks for the 'new tunes' suggestions for the IPod. I'm really liking Mindy Smith and Alice Peacock. Good stuff!

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Wandering Chopsticks said...

Hi Deb,

It was nice meeting you yesterday and I hope you found those coin purses you were looking for.

Anyway, I mentioned there are Filipina food bloggers, here's a list of all the Asian women food bloggers around the world. Just scroll down to the Philippines, there's lots! One of them is bound to have your grandfather's fish recipe.

http://scentofgreenbananas.blogspot.com/2004/12/how-many.html

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Likewise Bien!!! How sweet of you to remember my quest! I'll check them out and link you on my food blog. thanks!

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Wandering Chopsticks said...

Hi Deb,

Well, hopefully finding that recipe will make you feel better! :)

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Chubbypanda said...

*patpat*

Poor Deb. Get better soon.

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger Juliet said...

You are doing the right things for yourself. If you stick to it, and GO EASY ON YOURSELF, I think that things will improve considerably.

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

Yoga is good :-) A spa vacation might be just what you need. Nothing like laying around in a robe with cucumber slices on your eyes :-)

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Neese said...

a yoga retreat sounds awesome! hope your back gets better soon. xoxo

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Migofast said...

You know there is yoga in p90 wholelottanothin

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Sean! Glad to see you're alive and well. All good with your princess(s)? Train safe and make it fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home