Sunday, July 22, 2007

I LOVE surprises!

I am very lucky that Mike keeps me well stocked in Nike gear. My favorite new shoe is the Nike Air Zoom DGRS. I bought these beauties my last trip to Portland and asked Mike to pick me up another pair. I have incredibly flat feet and a wide instep, so it's tough to get the right fit. The Nike Free and Shox have been my shoe of choice, so I was thrilled to find another pair I liked. Mike checked the employee store but no luck, they were all out.

I met the Nike running group this morning and ran 4.4 in 42 minutes. Everything felt good. I hung out in the store for some water, fruit and a bagel and spied these babies. They might not be much to look at, but when I put them on.....I fell in love. Just the right width and I nice big toe box. I mentioned my find to Mike and this afternoon he called me to say he'd picked them up for me and is sending them down. What a great guy I have!

Spent the afternoon getting ready for the new week and now spend some time reading. Hope your weekends were great and you go into the new week healthy, happy & thankful!

Live passionately!

8 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger Debstar said...

I have flat feet too. Maybe I need a pair of those shoes. Do you think Mike would send me a pair? lol

 
At 5:58 AM, Blogger jahowie said...

Great looking shoes!! It's very cool that you have found a group that you enjoy running with. Keep up the good work!!

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Wow--you should float with those babies!

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Neese said...

WOW!! That Mike is a sweetie!! :) sometimes those practical gifts mean more than others especially if it's something you really want... what a guy! :) And it makes me smile to see you running, you are fast, do you think your strength training really contributes to your speed? Have a lovely week your ownself :)

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Nice shoes!
Now, I need to find a girlfriend rep from Nike:)
It's about all I wear and I swear without all of my free spending on their shoes, shirts, shorts and watches their stock would crumble.
Glad you had a good run and a great time!

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger The Stretch Doc said...

oh those shoes Rock!
lovem`

rockon`

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

I wear the Air Zooms too but they look a little different than that. I like the Nike shoes.

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Kewl Nitrox said...

Very technical-looking shoes. Too kewl! Having someone in the family that works for Nike has it's advantages, I guess. :-)

I only use New Balance, but that's just because I am cheap and there's a NB discount store where I work. Will be wearing my USD$20 New Balance competition shoes for my 1st Oly Tri tomorrow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home