Friday, July 20, 2007

Roll with it.


As I read blogs from people all over the country, I'm in awe of their ability to roll with it. Here in So Cal I could ramble on a list of 'not so positives'....but the weather is not one of them. Yes, it can get a little boring and not really much change in seasons but that's why a lot of folks move here to call it home. Although I was born and raised here, I've lived in other parts of the country and prefer a little change in the seasons. I'll get plenty of change once I'm make the move to Oregon.

We get spoiled here, and dare I say a little 'prissy'. If it rains, I'm not likely to go for a run (and neither are very many other folks), or jump on my bike and sometimes not even leave the house for that matter. Mike & Steven head out regardless of the weather and probably get some of their best training in. It really is mental isn't it?

Well, this week was pretty good for me. I rolled out of bed at my new 'late as possible' time of 5:30, got the gym and did my thing. 30-45 minutes spin everyday and lifted Tues/Thurs. Tomorrow morning I plan to get in an early 60 minutes on the elliptical then head out for errands and lunch with a friend. Sunday I think I'll head over to run with the Nike group again. I don't have the weather issues a lot of you have, but kudos to you for making it happen! Me? I'll just keep rolling with it.

Have a great weekend...

Live passionately!

2 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger The Stretch Doc said...

Thats right.. just stay with it.. you have been doing great!

have a great Nike run on Sunday..

rockon`

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Sam said...

Weather was perfect for running here this weekend, which is rare. Most "normal" people in Chicago don't complain too much about the weather because they just stay indoors, go for a slow walk or sit by the pool.
Sounds like you're feeling good and that's good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home