Friday, July 06, 2007

Gotta love this woman!

I just love this woman. Here she is with Helen Keller....what a pair of ladies, huh? Eleanor has always been one of my hero's. She reminds me very much of my grandma. Salt of the earth...'say what you mean and mean what you say' kind of gals. I just finished My Day and thought it was awesome. This quote really stuck with me.

People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.

Eleanor Roosevelt, My Day
US diplomat & reformer (1884 - 1962)

Can I get an Amen!!



Live passionately!

6 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Amen Sister!! Welcome Back to Reality. It's a tough return, isn't it??

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger The Stretch Doc said...

great realization.. so true!


rockon`

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger jahowie said...

Great quote, and so very true. Welcome back!!

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Amen sister!

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger teacherwoman said...

AMEN, SISTER! I love a good read. I might have to check that one out!

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

Amen!!
I read "No Ordinary Time" about Franklin and Eleanor. She was way ahead of her time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home