Tuesday, July 10, 2007

GET UP!



I have to exercise in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing.

~Marsha Doble


This is me.

I got such great rest on vacation....is there such a thing as too much?? Naaaaaa.
The problem is that I'm such a creature of habit that after a week of sleeping in, it's been hell to get back on track. If I don't workout in the morning, it just doesn't happen. I also discovered there's a button on my alarm clock that says snooze!. What a great idea!! I'm not technically savvy, but I got that one figured out real quick. ;)



Well, it had to come to an end and I really needed to get back to some form of exercise. Yesterday was tough....real tough. I hit the button a few to many times, but was still able to get to the gym & do 20 min on the elliptical then 45 min weights. This morning I made it happen with 45 min on the spin bike. Now it's become a game. Exactly when is the latest possible time I can sleep until & still get to the gym and get a workout in? I think I'll be working in this one for a while.


Live passionately!

8 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Blogger Phil said...

I definitely feel like that picture sometimes...

 
At 2:17 AM, Blogger Debstar said...

I love that quote. Getting up very early is hard. Its harder in winter when it's cold and dark and you managed that all winter, remember.

 
At 3:25 AM, Blogger Lora said...

Some days are certainly worse than others. I've been struggling a bit too lately. And I, too, can only workout in the morning. I guess it never gets easier....no matter how long you're doing this!! How unfair, huh?

 
At 5:12 AM, Blogger jahowie said...

That is a great quote!! I know how you are feeling. I haven't been on my bike yet this week. I am going to force myself to run today at lunch, and hopefully that gets me back in the swing of things.

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger jahowie said...

P.S.---Forget that you ever discovered that snooze button....It's EVIL!! :-)

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Neese said...

ahhh your vacation time sounds glorious, completely understandable that it's tough getting back in the routine, especially the morning ones! I DO admire your morning workouts, it's NOT easy to master even on routine days!

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Sam said...

The hardest part of a workout for me is always getting out the door and just do it. I have to remind myself that I'll feel better about myself when the workout is over. The mental battle is always difficult though...some days better than others. Glad to read you had a good vacation and getting back in the swing of things.

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

OK tell yourself you'll let yourself sleep in this week and maybe next week but come the end of this month you'll be back on track. Enjoy your rest time while you have it it may not always be there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home