Sunday, June 03, 2007

It's my pleasure!


It's sometimes tough to stay centered in what's really important while 'life' keeps trying to interrupt me. I don't want to define my self by this 'life'; work, laundry, yard work....stuff.

I haven't worked out in over 2 weeks. Are my clothes fitting tighter or it just me? What have I been doing with my time? Being a mom. I have just a very little time to continue with this job, and it's been my pleasure. I have been so blessed.

Rob is home and 'healthier' than he's ever been. He's more mature, understanding and seems to 'get' things now. Just a few rough months on your own can change a person. Since his surgery, we've had to call 911 for a trip to the E.R. (damn allergies....wish we could figure out the source), and he's been in quite a bit of pain. P.T going well, but almost as painful as the surgery. We seemed to have turned a corner so hoping everyday gets a little better.

Chuck's doing well. After we've discussed the connection between spending money and his employment, he's taken up looking for a summer job. Funny how that money thing can be a motivator! Again I'm blessed, he's such a good kid.

I think about those in the world who have far less than myself. They're not worried about missing a workout, housework or most of the menial things that can occupy my mind. They are drenched in namaste and gratitude. That is where I want to be. The wave of joy that covers their face shouts out 'your worries are few'. How silly of me! So I'll go on my way. I'll continue to honor this body with healthy thoughts and actions. Do away with the negative...dwell in sincere gratitude & namaste.


Live passionately!

7 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Blogger Neese said...

namaste :)

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Echo neese.
namaste from the windy city.

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger jahowie said...

You have a great outlook on life. It's good to know that there are still people out ther like you!! :-)

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger The Stretch Doc said...

positive outlooks on life attract positive situations and people.

I think your doing a great job on recognition and follow through.

I'll blog with ya anytime!
peace
rockon`

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Debstar said...

Poor Rob, I hope the pain subsides soon.
Great Post Deb, Yes life is beautiful.

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger Kewl Nitrox said...

I like your attitude, it is part of what makes you such an encouragement.

You are so right about the blessings from a tough encounter. The guys in Singapore have to go thru a mandatory 2 year national service in the armed forces, and it is the single most effective "attitude adjuster" I see in the lives of the guys here (myself included).

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger teacherwoman said...

tag.. .your it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home