Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Let's keep it movin..

Today Rob had his knee surgery. Going in, the Doc says it will take about 2 hours to fix the ACL, front tibial and the inside meniscus. Turns out (3 1/2 hours later) that the both the inside and out meniscus were torn. Lovely... He came home with quite a bit of leg/knee "hardware" and won't be doing much moving around for about a week. He's in a lot of pain & that kills me.

The cruise was a nice get away. When I wasn't required to be out with our guests, I was in my room reading and relaxing. The weather was pretty crummy the entire weekend...cold, cloudy and trying hard not to rain.

Light on the workouts...they go like this:

Thurs: 55 min elliptical zone 1 & 2
40 min weights, lower body

Friday: 60 min elliptical zone 1

Tues: 40 min elliptical zone 1 & 2
40 min weights, upper body

Tomorrow I'll get to the gym, into work for a couple of hours, then come back home to stay with Rob. The 2-3 days after surgery is usually the most painful and I'm hoping it's not too bad for him.

Sometimes I feel a little silly blogging my workouts, especially when compared to all of you! I'm not training for an event. I have no specific goals except to stay strong, get leaner and retain that thread of sanity I'd like to think I still hang on to. Am I dancing aimlessly with no direction, or dancing joyfully & content? I'm not always sure, but I figure either way.....I'm dancing. ;)

Live passionately!

7 Comments:

At 4:24 AM, Blogger The Stretch Doc said...

HEy there.. make sure Rob gets good rehab on his knee when he's ready. I have seen a lot of patients that get poor rehab and lose range of motion and strength due to lack of reconditioning, it will hurt at times but stay strong and it will be back to norm.

and I like seeing your workouts.. hey posting them keeps us all accountable.

rockon`

 
At 5:04 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

To stay strong, get leaner and retain that thread of sanity is a good enough goal. And Dancing joyfully & content is what's important too.
I hope Rob gets good rehab and can dance with his mom soon.

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger jahowie said...

Don't feel silly posting about your workouts!! I like seeing what you are up to.

Rob is lucky to have you to help take care of him. :-)

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

Just go with it. Whatever works and gets you up at 5:00am :-)

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Neese said...

goodness I was just thinking your workouts were FAR from "light"!! don't be silly and feel silly :) all your blog posts are a great read, workouts or not!

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

DEB Said:I have no specific goals except to stay strong, get leaner and retain that thread of sanity I'd like to think I still hang on to.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sounds like good Goals to me:-) and KEEP posting ur workouts & other fun stuff!

Recover well ROB, and Deb don't baby him too much, we don't want him taking advantage of you--haha

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Debstar said...

I hope Rob is coping OK. I'm with johnnytri - rehab is so important.

Your workouts make me look positively lazy. Oh well every little bit counts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home