Friday, August 17, 2007

Come and get some!

Ben Harper & The Blind Boys of Alabama. Take a listen...I love this song, it kicks off every one of my runs.



Well next week Mike & I head to Penticton with our friends Steven & Karen for Ironman Canada. I fly to Portland and we drive from there. I'm excited about this years trip because the drive will be beautiful and the company fun. Karen and I will be waiting with camera's in hand for our men to cross the finish line.
Before almost every race, Mike seems to break down a little. He trains insanely hard, prepares better than anyone I've ever seen (with incredible discipline), but there's something about that post training, taper, pre race time that always seems to grab a hold of him. I'm thinking this is pretty normal. To approach a race like this with absolute confidence seems foolish as well. In the past I've tried to support him with words of encouragement, or suggesting some magical thing that I believe will remove some of that weight on his shoulders. Over the years I've learned it's better to back off & let him be...this is his journey, his race. One thing I'll never back off from is praying. I know without a doubt what carries us through each day, especially race day. He has a goal...did he train???does he want it....BAD?? Of course. Need a little help? All you got to do is ask. Take a knee and get some!

Here's to all the folks who'll be racing in Ironman Canada! Best of luck!!

Live passionately!

10 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Blogger teacherwoman said...

Best of LUCK!

Have a great weekend!

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger The Stretch Doc said...

have fun while there..

and a funny thing.. if you dont ask, you dont get!

rockon`

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Steven said...

Looking forward to seeing you, Deb.

It's going to be a blast!

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Neese said...

looking forward to hearing about your travels and experience good luck to Mike and Steven!

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Have a great trip and best of luck to Mike!!

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger jahowie said...

Have fun. We will all be looking for some great pics.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Have fun in Canada.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Faithful Soles said...

Hi Deb, I hope all is well. I've been away busily producing my DVD and it is finally ready! I hope you had a great time at IM and I look forward to reading your post about the results.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

Good luck :-)

 
At 4:23 AM, Blogger Kek said...

Hope the Ironman went well! Be sure to post photos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home