Saturday, July 28, 2007

Stay cool & have a bitchn' summer...

It never seems to slow down, does it? I've been consciously making an effort to make at least one weekend day a completely lazy one. It helps to resonate there was a break in there, you know?

This week was a busy one. I've been at the gym (a little later) everyday and it feels good! I started to journal my workouts again which may seem lame for what I do, but it makes me feel like I've accomplished something and helps me switch things up when I need to. All my cardio on any piece of equipment is set to interval. When I'm on the spin bike I've got to do the timing work so most often I find myself back on the elliptical to make it easier.

Mon: 30 min elliptical/ avg HR 138/ 40 min weights legs
Tues: 45 min elliptical/ avg HR 133
Wed: 30 min elliptical/ 30 min weights back & chest
Thurs: 45 min elliptical/ avg HR 129 (back in the eve) 45 min elliptical avg HR 132
Fri: 30 min elliptical/ 20 min arms & shoulders

Every year we have a dealer appreciation event which all the managers choose 2 dealerships they'd like to host at The Pageant of the Masters in Laguna Beach. It's a 'live art' production set in a small intimate outdoor amphitheatre. If you're ever in Laguna Beach this time of year, get tickets!
The show consists of live models in costume and makeup, who reproduce the artwork and from the audience, you'd swear you are looking at the actual piece. It's really amazing.




Here I am with the finance director of the dealership (courtesy of his wife @ the helm of his new IPhone). One incredibly good dinner, Pageant and 2 dealers (with very happy wives) @ the end of the night. Mission accomplished!

Thursday was an award luncheon for another dealership and last night was the big one...my 30th class reunion. It sounds so bizarre to say 30th!! I was never the cute, popular girl in high school. Any one that knew me (including last night) knew me by association with one of my 5 brothers. There were 4 of us in high school at the same time and all of them played football. I was Chuck, Marshall, David, Sean of Bob's sister. Funny though, it never really bothered me and I kind of like blending in (and moving on). This was my first reunion. I was pregnant on my 10th, my husband was very sick when the 20th rolled around and this one timed out just right. I went more for curiosity sake and to see a very good friend I had. Funny how some things don't change....everyone looked at my name tag then asked, are you Chuck, Marshall or David's sister..... yes..... ;)

Some people seemed to be in time warps. Still very close friends with people from school which is cool, but I felt like I was back in 1977 and not much had changed. I only recognized most folks by their name tag photo. Finally my friend Esmeralda came and it was great to catch up with her! Five minutes and we were laughing just like it was 1977. It's great when some things don't change!

Funny how our lives change and where it takes us. Live with substance & passion, respect the process and have fun! Oh yeah... Stay cool & have a bitchn' summer! Time to let that go. ;)


Live passionately!

9 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger Flo said...

I could not even imagine going to my 30th reunion. I was one of the bad kids in high school - the smokers! In 1976 (I think) California offered the first Proficiency Exam. If you passed you could graduate. I took it , passed, and bailed. So I never "graduated." Now, thankfully, I'm 3,000 miles from any possible reunion :).

 
At 3:22 AM, Blogger Kewl Nitrox said...

"I was never the cute, popular girl in high school." Doesn't matter, judging from the pics, you are the cute and popular one now. :-)

Good of you to make at least one day in the weekend a rest day - He must have had a good reason to rest on the 7th day too.

 
At 3:23 AM, Blogger Kewl Nitrox said...

Oh, and your high school experience closely matched my college experience - I was always known as "Kat's brother, yah he does NOT look like her at all" (my sister is actually gorgeous).

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Well, don't see anything lame about those workouts. You have a bitchn' summer too, I sure am!

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Debstar said...

I think it's interesting how some people age very badly whereas other barely seem to change at all.

I looked at my sister, who is gorgeous and thought WOW she looks at least 10 years younger than most of the other ladies from her year.

Apparently I haven't changed at all (apart from a multitude of wrinkles and chins lol)

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

You probably wowed them at the reunion! The art show looks fasinating, you get to go to some great places in the name of work.

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

I can relate as I also had four older brothers and was always known as the "the little Sapp Kid." I have no doubt that you looked better than all of those women there! I know your attitude is!!!

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger jahowie said...

I have to agree with kewl. Your smile has to light up any room. Nice job on the workouts!! You have a "bitchin' summer" also.:-)

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Neese said...

I read this entry a couple days ago and meant to comment....something sidetracked me (happens too much lately!) I'm with Jeff about wowing them at the reunion! You are beautiful sista! and do beautiful things :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home