Friday, September 07, 2007

An apple a day...

Back to reality and it outside of a crazy work week it wasn't to bad. I got back over a week ago late Thurs eve and decided I'd do a 7 day fast starting Friday. I'd have to the long weekend and end it yesterday. It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it might be. Some protein powder twice a day and a simple dinner. Plenty of raw fruits/veggies when ever I wanted. Apples were big on my list....I just love em! Yesterday ended the (modified) fast and I feel great. Lighter and feeling like I should continue cautiously with what I decide to put in my body. I was surprised it didn't effect my workouts. I thought I might feel more tired or weak...but not once. Here is what filled my week:

Elliptical: 40 miles
Weights: 5 hours
Stretching/Pilates: 1:30

Sunday I leave for San Francisco and a 3 day training conference. I was able to book a flight with a 10 hour lay over. That's right....my flight flies to from O.C. to Portland, (I'll have all day to spend with Mike), then leaves from Portland to The City in the evening. Pretty sharp thinkin, huh? I'm staying in a small boutique hotel and the Y is right next door. Couldn't have worked out better.

Back again late next week but I'll be reading. Be well!

Live passionately!

10 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Blogger lizzie lee said...

Hi Deb, I certainly live passionately, and that's the way to live. Surfing here and there got to Jeff's blog, and from his to yours. Your pix in Dinner at Six depict delicious food. I am traveling to Thailand in December with my hubby and will try to find the Papaya Pok Pok. Looks good.!!!!!

cheers!

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Debstar said...

Are you ever at home???!!!! LOL Have a good trip.
I've often thought about fasting but it's giving up coffee that holds me back.

 
At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a good trip!

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger lizzie lee said...

Yes, my hubby is working in Long Beach and I am in Seattle. Quite painful to tell you the truth. I come once a month if possible. Hopefully he'll get transfered in the near future. Welcome to the Pacific Northwest. It's really an amazing area.

Cheers!

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger teacherwoman said...

You really rocked on the weights this week! NICE job!

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Neese said...

happy and safe travels :)

 
At 5:58 AM, Blogger jahowie said...

I was going to ask the same thing as debstar. Are you ever home? We miss you when you're gone. :-)

Keep up the good work on the training.

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger JeffM said...

You brought the good weather with you- it's been warm and sunny here in Portland!

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

5 hours of weights? You must have found muscle that you never seen before. I might try adding more weights but 5 hours sounds too much time from swimming, biking or running.
Have a great week.

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Juliet said...

You, I've been sticking to just fruit for breakfast, and my workouts are actually more energized!

I hope you have an awesome trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home